What would you do?

I'm thinking some more about my gas grill needs...based on my desire for higher heat than the Genesis 3000 generates, would a Q300/Q320 fit the bill? I like the compact size (leaves me more room for a Summit Kamado!), as long as it would produce a decently seared steak.

I'm thinking some more about my gas grill needs...based on my desire for higher heat than the Genesis 3000 generates, would a Q300/Q320 fit the bill? I like the compact size (leaves me more room for a Summit Kamado!), as long as it would produce a decently seared steak.
grate sear or pan sear? if you want grate sear, this:

otherwise a 12" Lodge for pan sear (or a Lodge griddle for multiple NY Steaks sear).

the sear grate i linked to above is AMAZING on food. lmk if you want pics. think less is more.

The Q320 is my favorite Weber gas grill. It gets very hot, very quickly, using little propane. Replace half the CI grate with the CI griddle and you can do smash burgers or sear steaks at over 600° easily. 20210515_185440.jpg

I'm jumping in late here to give a high five on the Weber Summit Charcoal - that will likely be my next charcoal burner as well. Could be my X-Mas present to me 🤣 I "need" the double wall construction to help out with cold weather smoking and charcoal conservation ;)

I'd trust Joe's opinion on the Q320's performance/searing capability, but be leary of downsizing your "fire ban" grill. Always better to have and not need than need and not have when it comes to grilling capacity. I also second the motion on having a sear burner, especially if you like grilling steaks and/or searing tuna.

I'd trust Joe's opinion on the Q320's performance/searing capability, but be leary of downsizing your "fire ban" grill. Always better to have and not need than need and not have when it comes to grilling capacity. I also second the motion on having a sear burner, especially if you like grilling steaks and/or searing tuna.
Just to be clear: this will be in addition to my existing Genesis, not a replacement for it. I'm not giving up such a great rotisserie machine!

I'd say if you're keeping the Genesis and want a 2nd gasser that's compact in size, easy on fuel but big on performance, the Q320 is a great pick!

UPDATE: I ended up with an old but brand-new "Warm Morning" Broilmaster. It checks all the boxes, and I got it for less than $200.

Attachments

• IMG_2797.JPG
    IMG_2797.JPG
    366.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2799.JPG
    IMG_2799.JPG
    343.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2802.JPG
    IMG_2802.JPG
    320.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2801.JPG
    IMG_2801.JPG