What to do to the water bowl?

Elliot Grossman

I just finished my first beer can chicken and was wondering what to do with the fatty water in the water bowl. I didn't want to pour it down the drain for fear that if I keep doing so it will clog up my waste water pipe.

Any suggestions?
icon_confused.gif

I just dump my in the corner of my yard. Haven't had an issue with critters. I live in the pacific nw, so we get a lot of rain that just kinda washes it away
icon_smile.gif

thats one reason why i don't use water. water just makes a big mess. i just line the bowl or tray with foil. when its cooled i just wrap it up and throw it in the trash.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george curtis:
thats one reason why i don't use water. water just makes a big mess. i just line the bowl or tray with foil. when its cooled i just wrap it up and throw it in the trash. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto (Clay Saucer).

Yeah, I agree with george and keith... i've stopped with water after my third cook (4000 cooks ago). I've even stopped using the "famous clay saucer" (aka, terra cotta flower pot base).
Foil is a great tool. And it takes, what? a whole minute??!!
Hey george, did you see my question to you in my barbecue post?
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Elliot Grossman:
I just finished my first beer can chicken and was wondering what to do with the fatty water in the water bowl. I didn't want to pour it down the drain for fear that if I keep doing so it will clog up my waste water pipe.

Any suggestions?
icon_confused.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Put it in a coffee can or similar container and put the can in the freezer. Toss with the trash. I would not pour it down the drain.

I haven't used water once in my WSM. I use the foiled clay saucer. As long as you're using the minion method and catching temps on the way up, it's easy to maintain low and slow or 350-375.

jim, if yer refering to the foil on the coalgrate, no i didn't see that, but yea, thats the general idea. no cold air mixing and making things caddywaumpus.

if you have a garburator, you can turn on cold water and dump it down while it;s running, or dump it and then use cold water. The cold solidifies it so that it become macerated.

Back