What my wife thinks

Mark Foreman

TVWBB Wizard
She went to dinner with a coworker. She figures I’m eating wings or dogs etc.
Not exactly.....
grilled sirloin steak and a (from friends) organic salad with homemade creamy balsamic dressing. Wondering if I should tell her.
oh... steak was cooked with Chipotle Tabasco “wet rub” and SPG On a Genesis. Chipotle tobacco bring a slight Smokey taste.

1619742204579.jpeg

Last edited:
Food looks good, but the plate looks pretty...

.....and just remember, honesty is the best policy.;)

I make some of my best creations when the Mrs isn't lookin'. Whether I tell her about it and how much I embellish depends on beer intake ;)

This is silly, she went out, you stayed home and made yourself a nice dinner, what’s the big deal!?
/sarcasm
Hmm if we didn't know better. We'd say you are single. But we know you know why. Famous last words.
You may be right, you may be absoluteiy right, but with a gf or wife, you are always wrong.
Course you and I don't play that game, we always do what is right and..... face the consequences.
/sarcasm

Last edited:
Hmm if we didn't know better. We'd say you are single. But we know you know why. Famous last words.
You may be right, you may be absoluteiy right, but with a gf or wife, you are always wrong.
Course you and I don't play that game, we always do what is right and..... face the consequences.
Nope, thirty year anniversary coming up so, when you are actively being deceiving, you fish tainted waters!
My wife doesn’t care for beef much and Lamb even less, she is very happy when I have a big beef feast with her son or when I have visitors that love lamb. This last year has been totally lambless and I’m very much looking forward to a couple of friends being able to visit, “Scotta Ditta” will be happening pretty soon, “red wine balsamic vinegar marinated leg of lamb” will be good too!
I have surely learned when to be “right” and when to simply shut up. I know exactly how lucky I am to have the most understanding wife I could have ever prayed for!

You absolutely are right!

Hey wait a second, my gf also doesn't care for burgers, and will not eat lamb. Course if I make a fancy meal for the rest of the house, I get away with throwing a couple of burgers on the grill for me.
Okay need to see the lamb recipe. Best meat I ever ate was a lamb leg with garlic and a keg. Er olive oil. Never been repeated. Wish I knew why that one came out so well.
My gf is currently feeling bad (iris itis). So I am in trouble. Deep trouble. I keep asking her what movie she wants. Hoping she never puts it together that I mean stop projecting.

Last edited:
Nope, thirty year anniversary coming up so, when you are actively being deceiving, you fish tainted waters!
My wife doesn’t care for beef much and Lamb even less, she is very happy when I have a big beef feast with her son or when I have visitors that love lamb. This last year has been totally lambless and I’m very much looking forward to a couple of friends being able to visit, “Scotta Ditta” will be happening pretty soon, “red wine balsamic vinegar marinated leg of lamb” will be good too!
I have surely learned when to be “right” and when to simply shut up. I know exactly how lucky I am to have the most understanding wife I could have ever prayed for!
Exactly. Being “Right” and being ”Smart” are not the same. Not even close...

Union Square Café recipe, rack of lamb, frenched, separate chops (I do some double), garlic, basil, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Rest overnight, grill to desired taste. Sometimes I simply serve from the grill as true “Scotta Ditti”... “Burned fingers”! There are three people I do those for anymore. Have not made them in waaaay too long! Three or four racks of chops which need to be enjoyed!
These may truly be though of as “Lamb pops”!
Bryan, the “gentler” sex are far less gentle, and leaps and bounds smarter, the smart man chooses the battle but, only sometimes wins. I’ve not chosen a battle in 25 years but, she still puts one across my bow from time to time just so we maintain equal footing.

Back