What model?

I'm not the guy who should be answering this question because I'm new to all this. Looks to my untrained eye like a Genesis 1000 but I'll leave it to those more knowledgeable to give you a real answer. Best bet is to try to find the serial number, which may be on the frame or under the manifold. You can enter that on the Weber website to get the exact year and model, together with the manual and all sorts of other helpful documents. The assembly guide is really helpful if you're wanting to restore it.

More photos would really help. You could just post a link to the add. But, I would guess an early 90's Genesis 1000. The wood is actually in pretty darn good shape.

I believe it is a later Genesis 1. Hard to be sure without seeing the left side or the frame legs. However, the hood endcaps with the opening showing the wood on the sides of the handle is pretty good evidence it is a Genesis 1, preceding the 1000.

What about this one? 2000? Genesis 2? I'm just throwing out guesses. $15 would seem more than fair though it would be a bit of a drive.

What about this one? 2000? Genesis 2? I'm just throwing out guesses. $15 would seem more than fair though it would be a bit of a drive.

Yep, Genesis 2000. That one is a good restoration candidate.

Yep, Genesis 2000. That one is a good restoration candidate.
Yeah, looks like real wood slats. Just not sure it's worth the drive. Round trip would be about 170 miles in a pickup truck that gets 10 mpg. Plus I already have a Genesis 1000 to restore. I like the wood slats but I doubt they'd hold up well unless the grill were covered, which is not something I'm interested in doing. Both sit under an overhang so they mostly stay dry. Plus they're up on a deck so well off the ground. Sanding, staining and varnishing the wood would be easy. I'm sure it would be gorgeous. Plus it would provide parts, or rather the other grill would provide parts. So maybe.

By the way, finished the bottom deck on the Platinum today. Didn't post photos because it got too dark. Also, I want to finish the internal repairs and then give it a good cleaning. Once that's done, I'll be ready to work on another grill.

Last edited:
I'm with you on the drive part, that's farther than I'm willing to go unless it's something really special.

Paul,
That is a Genesis 1 model, one of the first Weber gas grills.
It comes with the wire bottom half shelf as well as the cool wite basket near the control knobs.
Good find.
Screenshot_20220206-072613.png

Paul,
It comes with the wire bottom half shelf as well as the cool wite basket near the control knobs.
Good find.
View attachment 44908
Jeff,
I agree that it is a Gen 1. I see the opening for the flame check on the control panel, but I didn't think that was an option on the Genesis 1 ?

I know the Flame Check was available on some Genesis 2/3 models as well as the 4000/5000 models.
Might be a one-off or a control panel change along the years.

Jeff

Paul,
Good find.
View attachment 44908
all rather exciting, grill arrives with me soon so will get serial number details then. I thought there were shelves missing but
seems not. previous owner reckoned 1980's. Will this be 13x flavour bars or 5?

Nice find Paul. I found a similar one last year with a chocolate lid that I need to finish refurbishing. I don’t think mine has that push button for the igniter but it has the same cool condiment rack.

Back