What is your favorite sauce with brisket?

Mine...
icon_wink.gif

For store-bought sauces, my family is partial to Sweet Baby Rays. However, my wife's home-made sauce continues to be the overall favorite.

I tend to use Cattlemens. I saw the results in Consumer Reports and they rated it number 1 so have been using that and I sometimes add more honey. Have had no complaints. I get the big jug at Sam's Club, but have noticed it is now available in smaller bottles in grocery stores.

I loved the Head Country sauce I picked up on a business trip to Oklahoma. It was awesome with brisket. I know you can order it through their website.

Bob

it depends on the brisket. If it comes off the smoker with a ton of flavor (from the rub),then I do not use any BBQ sauce at all. It's like putting steak sauce on a steak to me. Really don't want to mask any of the flavors that the rub and the smoke have given to the cut of meat. Now if it comes off the smoker and is not what I was looking for and lacks the flavor that I expected, then I will just use a store bought sauce, but I am going to try to make my own this summer for those guests who just like BBQ sauce.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stu M.:
Mine...
icon_wink.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ditto. Usually I make one that is fruit-based, often with some tomato, that includes juices from the rested meat. But I also like roasted garlic creams, jus, and spiced foams.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by K Kruger:
and spiced foams. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nooooooo!!! 'Q must forever remain a "foam free" cuisine! What's next, spherified pulled pork? Amuse shots of brisket essence?!
icon_wink.gif

When I use a sauce on brisket, usually it
is Uncle Dougies. About 40% of the time
I turn one out that needs no sauce.

Well Im weird but I try something different everytime. Im still looking. My brother is the sauce king of our team. He finally bought a computer and maybe i can get him to join here. I will tell him you have to give a recipe to join.
icon_smile.gif

He makes some good sauce, and he can clone just about any sauce he samples. I cant do it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">'Q must forever remain a "foam free" cuisine! What's next, spherified pulled pork? Amuse shots of brisket essence?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
LOL. No foams for Q Q.

But I use foams, sometimes, when Q isn't the point of the brisket, something else is.

Well, Dale, I do something different every time to. Heeps it fun and interesting. Yes, tell your bro to join and post a recipe or two!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by K Kruger:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stu M.:
Mine...
icon_wink.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ditto. Usually I make one that is fruit-based, often with some tomato, that includes juices from the rested meat. But I also like roasted garlic creams, jus, and spiced foams. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Kevin, Can't find your post. IIRC you were the one who mentioned one of butter, beef stock, BBQ sauce and some foil drippings. I use that one for the briskets I take to work for my crew. I think it works well because it adds some moisture, and a lite flavor without covering up the brisket flavor.
icon_smile.gif
My favorite is nothing but on occasion I'll use a horseradish sauce for the brisket or my Chipotle Mayo.
icon_biggrin.gif

Ah, yes--chipotle mayo. THat's one of my fave's for next day sandwiches. I've used it for little apps as well: tiny cornmeal and herb biscuits, split, topped with a little pile of brisket and a 1/2 espresso spoon of chipotle mayo. One bite--they're small--but really good.

Yup, the butter-de-fatted drippings or butter-stock-sauce-drippings thing works really well. Boosts beefiness easily. It also works well whisked into mayo (as an alternative to chipotle) and even works as a salad dressing. Add a little cider vin, whisk well, then toss a blend of romaine and baby greens and arugula with it; fold in some diced avocado and slivered Vidalia and plate it. Next, scatter some diced ripe tomato around the plate and top with shredded or sliced-then-crosscut brisket, just warmed through, drip on a little more dressing and serve.

Another very good use for it: Make guacamole. Warm corn tortillas. Meanwhile, warm shredded or slivered brisket in the butter-stock-sauce-drippings combo and add some chipotle. Put a few T of guacamole on each tortilla, roll to encase, then place one or two on each plate. Spoon the brisket and sauce over the guacamole enchiladas, top with minced Vidalia (with a little diced tomato, if desired); serve.

I too prefer my own now. Used to buy Cattleman's, but the last bottle I bought just tasted nasty.
I did a high temp brisket this weekend and mixed up a quick batch of sauce. I wasn't really thrilled with the brisket and I'm guessing that's due to the lack of a good bark so the sauce helped. Lately I've been using raspberry and chipotle peppers to a basic ketchup, cider vinegar based sauce. A little thyme, ginger, cinnamon and clove to finish it off.

Back