What is the most slabs you have got in 18.5"?

Here's the 12 racks of loinbacks on the 18" using 2 rib racks (6 racks on each grate).

loinbacks1.jpg
loinbacks2.jpg

Here's 8 full racks of spares (4 on each grate cut in half).

In both cases, you can get more ribs on the cooker.

ribs1.jpg
ribs2-1.jpg
ribs3-1.jpg

With BB's, you can roll them and hit double digits. It seems like I have done 12 or 13 before. I know I got 7 racks on top, but I don't remember the bottom rack number.

Maybe some day someone will invent a keyboard key that is a shorthand equivalent for the phrase "Looks delicious, Larry!", but until then everything "looks delicious, Larry!". Now I want ribs for dinner...

Originally posted by Donny Anderson:
Maybe some day someone will invent a keyboard key that is a shorthand equivalent for the phrase "Looks delicious, Larry!", but until then everything "looks delicious, Larry!". Now I want ribs for dinner...

"LDL"

Or maybe Chris could add an emoticon of someone drooling.
icon_smile.gif

Thanks for the response...my additional question would be if you have both levels full of ribs do you rotate them top to bottom and if so how often do you rotate?

Originally posted by Donny Anderson:
With BB's, you can roll them and hit double digits. It seems like I have done 12 or 13 before. I know I got 7 racks on top, but I don't remember the bottom rack number.

Would you recommend still rolling them even if you have enough room to lay them flat?

If you have the room, cooking ribs flat makes for a little better presentation compared to rolled. It's not just about the flavor!

Originally posted by Larry Wolfe:
Here's the 12 racks of loinbacks on the 18" using 2 rib racks (6 racks on each grate).

loinbacks1.jpg
loinbacks2.jpg

Here's 8 full racks of spares (4 on each grate cut in half).

In both cases, you can get more ribs on the cooker.

ribs1.jpg
ribs2-1.jpg
ribs3-1.jpg

Hey Larry, are those six slot B.B.R. racks available commercially? I have been looking for just such a rack.

Back