What is everyone cooking this weekend?

Darrell J.

TVWBB Fan
I got my Star Wars III fix this past weekend (twice) so now it's time for me to focus on my Que. I figure that I better hit the stores pretty quickly before everyone scarfs up all the meat and supplies on this holiday weekend. I'm cooking BB's, spares and possibly a couple of BC chickens along with a load of the wife's fixins.

What will you be smoking? (food-wise that is)
icon_smile.gif

I have two 13 pound briskets, 3 six to seven pound butts, 6 racks of spares and 18 thighs for a competition on Sunday and Monday. Will also be smoking salmon for an anything butt catagory.
Jim

I've been thinking about this very question
icon_rolleyes.gif

A couple racks of ribs, some chicken and I'm up in the air about whether to do brisket or butt.
I vowed I wouldn't attempt brisket until my Canjun Injector arrived. Jim's suggestion was to inject the parts that get dry, so I might have to try that.

Jim, after you've picked the best for your turn-ins what do you guys do with the leftovers ?

morgan

Planning on a few Butt's and possible some whole chicken on the bottom rack toward end of the smoke.

Doing my first overnight smoke wtih the Butt's and my Maverick Therm.

Go Gators

Looks like I'm going to be filling two WSMs up w/ pork butts. Going to make up some pulled pork for my Relay-For-Life team's fund raising activities. My wife will bring some to work and I'll bring in some.

Other than that, looking like a grilling weekend for me. Been practice Q'n so much I forgot what a good ol' strip steak tastes like. Gotta whole bunch of rib pieces also that I should just throw in the smoker.

Jim - good luck this weekend!

I'll be doing 2 6lb butts and a brisket this weekend for the family. KC is having their 1st ever Great American Barbecue Contest this weekend and I wish I could check it out.

24 ABT's for a party Friday night

2 pork butts on Saturday

2 racks of spares and some cornish hens on Monday.

I splurged and bought some Berkshire pork ribs and 2 butts to see if it makes a difference in flavor. Costs a bit more but hopefully it is worth the expense.

I have a choice brisket flat that I'm torn between pastrami and chili. It's a long way to go for a bowl of chili, but it's worth it-- next time you have a pound and a half or so of brisket left over, cube it up, make a half batch and give it a try. I'd have to start the pastrami cure tonight, so I guess I better make up my mind soon.

Friday will be gill time - probably NY Strips and taters.

Saturday - OH Baby - smokin' a free-range turkey injected with a zingy pineapple sauce and massaged with a Bahama-style rub, smokin' oysters and assorted wild mushrooms.

Sunday - Grillin' free-range Narrowhead, asparagus, sweet potatoes and pepper soup.

Monday - smokin' spares, grillin' spinach salad and taters.

Friday/Saturday - 9 lb. Butt and a Whole Packer (gonna make burnt ends from the point)

Sunday - Date Day with the sweetie so, what we will be smoking is our own bidness!
icon_wink.gif

Monday - 3 slabs of spares; I'm trimming them to KC style and smokin' the rib tips too! Also, a whole bunch of sausage; keilbasa and fatties (for the neighbors you know!)

Tony

I'm going to attempt my first overnight cook with two butts totaling 17.5 lbs (just got my brinkman charcoal pan last week). I may do some BB ribs if we eat all that for lunch. This will be the first time cooking for friends, but I'm confident all will be well.

Thanks for all the help,
Josh

2 butts for a neighborhood party on Sunday. Most have never had REALLY good Que...so it will be fun!

Thinking of adding some ABTs as a surprise.

2 butts and a 13 lb packer brisket, some hot links and any veggies that catch my fancy when I swing by the market.

BTW, it's just my wife and me and she doesn't eat meat.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

I am smoking pork butts, and whatever looks good at Sams when I get there tomorrow. Weather is going to be perfect here this weekend.

Back