What is everyone cooking this weekend?

Getting back into this for the season, starting with 4 lbs of Salmon on Saturday and 2 racks of back ribs and a boston pork butt on Sunday. I hope everybody has a great holiday!

Just checked the WSM before going to bed. I am cooking pork butts and brisket, and will add spare ribs in the morning.

Jimmy B

Went to bed around 11 last night and the bullet was puffing away at 230, woke up a few minutes ago and it is now at 225. The WSM works great.

My neighbor just got his bullet yesterday. It's sitting right next to mine....empty. Later it'll have Meatloaf, and Elk sausage on it. Mine's got a 13 pound... (well it was) packer brisket, and 2 pork butts that I didn't weigh, just took em right out of the cryopack, washed em, slathered, rubbed and threw them on...all around 7PM last night. Brisket is at 163 internal.

Still trying to decide if I want to foil the brisket before or after I take it off.

I can't believe the spring has flown by. My last cook was spares over March Madness opening weekend. Unbelievable, and a little sad!

I am doing 2 butts (about 6.5 pounds a piece) Sunday afternoon to Monday at lunch, and then refiring the smoker and doing a small rack of spares with Texas Sugarless Sprinkle and Dreamland sauce for my wife for dinner.

What's Memorial Day weekend without some pork!

The chickens came out great! I could not beleive how moist, tender and smoky they were. My family said it was the best they ever had

Thanks everyone

first time after all this time.... finnaly,

ROADSIDE CHICKEN in about an hour... (is this legal for lunch?
icon_smile.gif
) thanks brian

I'm going to smoke a pork roast and turn it into pulled pork. I'll be doing it on my Weber Performer since I'm not getting my WSM until Wed. I hope it turns out okay.

We did a chicken last night, and tomorrow a couple of racks of spares.

The WSM got more use over the winter than it is this spring. I am sure that will change shortly, when the hotter weather arrives.

Dinosaur(beef) ribs tomorrow. Momma-day brunch and then fire up the WSM and smoke up some T-rex ribs for dinner. Kids are fired up (pun intended) to dine on T-rex along with pirate juice (grape juice for the boys, cabernet sauvignon for the adults).

We were suppose to eat them tonight but opening ceremonies for little league ran late. Couple weeks behind this year because of the snow.

Perfect weather here in Boston. Threw on 2 full chickens last night, and have the WSM warming up again right now for some BB. I have also officially cracked the first beer of the day as well. Can't cook with charcoal & not have a beer.

Hear that Mike_M weather is perfect up here in NH. I have 3 full racks of Baby Backs on now with a 7lb turkey breast to follow. Then I also have 2 quartered chickens going on the OTG cooked with the Roadside Chicken Recipe. Yes there is Beer in hand...
icon_smile.gif

I did a rack of spares, two heads of stuffed cabbage, two huge artichokes, 5 sharks steaks, and two boneless skinless chicken breasts last night at my Brothers house; all on his gasser. Just wishing I had more...

Today the wife wants Beer can chicken... I like it.

Did some spares on Friday, lump (minion) with cherry for about the first 45 minutes. Best pair of racks I ever did. Yummy, used bone-sickin' sauce and had home-made 'tater salad and beans n greens.

Originally posted by LarryR:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">two huge artichokes,

Ed, did you get those chokes at Save Mart? I bought one last night and it was HUGE!! Like a small basketball. Very tasty! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry Larry, yes I did get them at Save Mart, you can seriously hurt somebody with them too.

Back