what is everyone cooking this weekend?

Hunter Lewis

TVWBB Member
Hi all,

This is going to be the first warm weekend in Colorado that we have had in quite some time, so I feel like firing up the WSM. What is everyone cooking this weekend? I suppose spring is already here in some places, but I am freaking psyched!

Has anyone made smoked buffalo wings? I havent ever seen anyone talk about them, so I dont know if they have to be fried first or if smoking alone will suffice.

It's pork butts this weekend. I'm down the road in Highlands ranch and have smoked every weekend since I got my new toy in Feb. Hope it is as nice as the weathermen are predicting.
Have a good smoke......Chris

Nothing
icon_frown.gif

wings tomorrow. got some top round sliced up 1/4 inch thick sitting in some jerky marinade. sunday morning i'm going to smoke the jerky at 150 for an hour or 2 and then transfer to a dehydrater so i can get 3 racks of st louis style spares on.

I'm grilling stuffed pork chops tonight and then it's over to Ed C's for dinner tomorrow night. Ed's doing his stuffed portabellas and chicken, not sure if he's smoking it or grilling it. Either way it will be great! I'm doing my grilled asparagus there too. We'll have a couple of adult beverages too, some good wine and cold beer.

Weather should be beautiful here, mid 80s.

Nothing this weekend. Not sure about future cooks other than the second weekend of May, Doing a brisket flat and a couple racks of spares. Some sausage too.

As Larry R has already stated, we are doing some chicken thighs and stuffed portabellas on the smoker. Next Friday I have been asked to do my ABTFG's (Atomic Buffalo turds for gringos)along with some stuffed portabellas and then some chicken drumettes, so I will be looking forward to that as well.

Well the 20 lbs of buckboard from friday afternoon are in the fridge chillin, and a 7lb boston butt is chugging along atm, its almost 3 in the morning here. Doing an overnight butt for pulled pork tomarrow. Plan on using the leftover pork for pot pie meat on sunday
icon_cool.gif

I guess we'll find out just how cool I am lol. Maybe its the busch light talkin but I think that butt is cooking way too fast. 138 already. I hope the plataeu is plenty long so I can sleep in. Either way it will get a nice long sit in the cooler. Expect some cool pics of a pot pie WSM style.

Brandon

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hunter Lewis:

Has anyone made smoked buffalo wings? I havent ever seen anyone talk about them, so I dont know if they have to be fried first or if smoking alone will suffice. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I use the recipe that was posted before the super bowl on the home page, I think you can still see it in the cooking topics page.

Basically smoke the wings first ( around 2 hours ) and then deep fry to crispen them up ( about 3 minutes ). I usually sprinkle some rub on the wings before smoking. After pulling them from the fryer, I toss the wings in a mixture of Franks Red Hot and butter. They always turn out phenomenal. Definitely try them and let us know how they turned out.

Highs will be around 70 today and I'm doing baby backs for the first time, grillin' ribeyes, and heating up some King crab legs with garlic butter for dipping....that's about it for now.
icon_biggrin.gif
So happy to finally see nice weather!
icon_cool.gif

Steve

Brandon, BBQ'd pulled pork sounds great for a pot pie. Do you dice it instead of pulling it? I'll have to try making it sometime.

Beautiful day in MA. Doing 2 slabs of ribs using the competition recipe. Also going to toss some tips on the OTS once the ribs get close to done. Naturally all the friends have invaded once they learned I was making a feast.

Easily the best day thusfar this year. Cracked some beers & ready for the Sox game to commence.

Not so spring-like here in the Buffalo-Niagara Region. It is more winter like and the temp is currently 46, and they are forecasting a mix of rain and snow tonight. Nevertheless, I have two racks of ribs on the WSM, and the winds are gusting to 22 mph. R2D2 is suited up in his Silver Bullet Jacket, and things are going just fine.

Cold and rainy here, with tri tip being the
order for today. I serve it sliced gyros
style inside a pita pocket with diced onion,
and grilled diced onion along with cilantro
and celery salt. It is really good this way.

Well I was going to do Roadside Chicken for the first time with free range chicken and on the WSM (always used the Master Touch) but the place that usually has it for a decent price didn't have any today. So a really nice chuck roast caught my eye, that had nice flecks of fat all through out it so I grabbed that. Salt, Pepper, garlic and a very light dusting of Texas BBQ Steak sprinkle went on. Also put on 2 fatties. The Bob Evans (white wrapper) got Texas BBQ rub original, and the Jimmy Dean Maple got a light dusting of Ceylon cinnamon and a good coating of Sugar in the Raw. Also using Kingsford Charwood Lump for the first time. Saw a bag at True-Value and even though it was pricey @$7.49 for a 10lb bag, fig I'd try it. It's a pretty dense lump. The 10lb bag easily fit into the charcoal ring. Prob just going to cook the chuck to the slice up state. Made the pintos last night and have one bunch of Asparagus for sides. Taking plenty of pics along the way.

Back