what is everyone cooking this weekend?

PICTURES

Just returned from Ed C.'s and all I can say is, "DAMN!" Those portabella mushrooms were amazing! What a great meal, Ed did these stuffed portabella mushrooms that honestly I could have ate all night, grilled artichokes, bacon wrapped chicken. I did a salmon spread and asparagus. What a meal this was (beer was good too).

Had to leave early, around 9:00 p.m. as my son wasn't feeling well. We got home and he told us he swallowed a wood chip, not sure what to do about that one.

Anyway, perfect night for a Q, great food and friends.

My oldest son had some friends over for a bonfire last night so I grilled one kettle full of chicken breasts and another of chicken thighs. All of the birds were marinated in zesty italian salad dressing then rubbed with Yardbird and cooked indirect with some cherry chunks.

Also did six racks of babybacks on the WSM. Four rubbed with Blues Hog, and two with Jamaican Firewalk. Cooked them for 5 hours, 220 for the first four and around 250 the last hour. Had some apple chunks in with the charcoal.

I left two racks dry, and brushed two with a honey/bbq sauce mix, ala the BRITU. The racks that had the Firewalk got a brushing of bbq sauce mixed with a spicy mango sauce.

Also had Kerri's Hog Apple Beans, corn on the cob, and garlic bread.

Turns out I made way too much (the kooks did finish off the garlic bread though) so I'm having leftovers today and putting the Foodsaver through a workout tonught!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bryan S:
Well I was going to do Roadside Chicken for the first time with free range chicken and on the WSM (always used the Master Touch) but the place that usually has it for a decent price didn't have any today. So a really nice chuck roast caught my eye, that had nice flecks of fat all through out it so I grabbed that. Salt, Pepper, garlic and a very light dusting of Texas BBQ Steak sprinkle went on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well I got to tell you that that Chuck Roast was as good as any brisket I ever cooked. If I didn't know any better I'd say it was brisket. It was to die for. The flecks of fat through out the roast looked like Kobe. I know it wasn't but that's the look this roast had. It was so moist and tender, and just perfect. 6 hrs at 280, no foil either.
icon_smile.gif

Back