What goes with bbq salmon?

Kyle H.

TVWBB Fan
My family has wanted me to do smoked salmon ever since I got my WSM. So we picked Labor Day as the day to do it. But I've run into a problem, I have no idea what else to make with bbq salmon.

I'm probably going to try the twice rubbed brown sugar recipe. Any suggestions on what would go good with this? Other bbq, other dishes, sides, anything!

I know this community doesn't do fish much, but any suggestions would be helpful!

Cole slaw, potato salad. green salads, shrimp salads all go with salmon...some kind of green pea salad maybe to start with..potatoes of some kind, grilled vegies..

I like to make asparagus with that dish. Coat them with a little olive oil mixed with balsamic vinegar. While they cook on the vegetable rack, brush a little more of that oil/vinegar mix. When you plate the asparagus, sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese on them. If you were serving beef, you can wrap them with a little prosciutto, but that will over power the salmon.

Just talked to my dad and he said since I'm doing the salmon hes going to bring burgers and sausages. So that menu sounds... interesting. Ah well, either way it'll all get eaten. When I'm cooking, rarely are people very picky!

I couldn't believe how quick you guys replied though. Thanks a bunch!

I do fish a lot, and did salmon this weekend on the kettle.

I do it simple, sprinkle some rub, cook indirect for about 20 minutes, and brand the fish over the coals, and serve.

My wife usually does a salad and some couscous, or a rice dish with some sparse veggies mixed in...(be careful not to get too much healthy stuff in there
icon_wink.gif
) and what is leftover gets made into sushi and onigiri in our house.
icon_smile.gif

I also like a red wine with salmon, but that might be too sophisticated for some folks around here...

Back