What Do you Use for Poultry (esp. Turkey) Shears?

The OXO ones arrived yesterday. There are things I like and things I STRONGLY dislike. Dislikes outnumber the likes. So Like(s) first. The blades are wickedly sharp (but then so were the Wustorf ones), Handles are quite comfortable though not as grippy as the Wustorf's. Blades seem well designed for the task, and last I like they can be taken apart for cleaning
Dislikes
The badly designed safety latch. Awful design here. Hate that little piece of plastic constantly interfering, Would prefer handles made with more silicone type surfaces for grip. Hate the leaf spring. If it has to be there then at least design it so the blades open all the way.
I may end up sending them back at this point and buying another Wustorf set. Because other than not lasting they do far more "right" than the OXO
I know I have been seeing many recs for products that look more like "scissors" than poultry shears. I just cannot abide by that design. My hands don't work in that manner

Dislikes
The badly designed safety latch. Awful design here. Hate that little piece of plastic constantly interfering, Would prefer handles made with more silicone type surfaces for grip. Hate the leaf spring. If it has to be there then at least design it so the blades open all the way.
Hmmm, I fold my lock latch back into the handle and never noticed that it interferes in any way. As for the spring, I suppose it's a matter of personal preference. Hopefully you find a pair that pleases you!

Which way are you able to fold the latch into the handle? I tried and it feels like it will break off. so it simply "dangles"

Yeah, your comment got me looking. I never pushed it that far as it initially felt like it would break off. So remove that one from my "dislike" list :D

Back