What do you think of these 2 choices?

DavidD

TVWBB Super Fan
Found a used performer a few blocks away. It is blue, post 2010 based on thermo location and owner says 4-5 yrs old. Reportedly little use and while in weather, it has been covered with a generic vinyl grill cover. It is the deluxe model with gas assist. Top grate is rusty. Price was 200 but now reduced to 150. I may be able to buy for 125 but that's a maybe.

Alternatively, local store has too many and willing to sell a new one for 330 in the box, plus tax and a cover I'm at almost 400. A decent discount but still pretty pricey.

What do you think? I guess I'm leaning toward the used one but would like a timer.m grate will cost 20$. Or, I could wait around, seems like one showed up every 2 weeks

Update...I bought it. Seller wa showing it to me and the igniter didn't work and the cover was real faded, said it is in worse shape than I realized, give me 100$ and it's yours. Cleaned it up today and it is terrific, almost like new

Last edited:
Some Home Depots are clearing out Performer Premiums (without gas assist) for $199

This is helpful, I don't want another one wo gas assist but maybe others are clearing some inventory. That happens less in floridasince grill season is year round

$125 is better than $400 and blue is a cool color.

If 125 I might grab it if she is firm at 150 may pass although I do have a spare grate, new. I was iffy on the blue but maybe in person I will like it. Comes with free, unused rib racks too, which I don't have and need

Sounds like a good deal to me. Even if you have to buy a new grate for it. I but a lot of Weber charcoal grills on Craigslist and when I do, I always replace the grate.

Bill

I find it hard to buy new grills. I can always find great CL deals, and I can refurbish just about anything (Weber).

I have a blue performer with gas charcoal lighting. Mine sits outside all year, covered in the winter, but uncovered spring- fall. I tend to replace the cooking grate every year, and the coal grate every other. If you want a timer, you can buy a digital timer from almost any store for a buck or two.
I'd say buy the used and save the money.

I have a black and a blue performer, the blue is nice I think. As for the price I'm going to sell my black one on CL for $150 as around here that won't last a day. I'd take it at $150 and replacing the grate is just normal maintenance in humid areas anyway. Here in Arizona rust is not allowed.;)

I have a blue performer and bought it because they were not going to make it anymore. Buy the blue one save a few bucks and get some accessories for it.

Back