What do you put on your hot sausages?

PCMancini

TVWBB Member
I was on the Ocean City MD Boardwalk over the weekend and stopped at a place called "Pollock Johnnys". I've been going there for years and they have a sauce they call "The Works" that I always get on my hot sausage. I was wondering: 1.) If any of you had a recipe for this (or like this) that you use and, 2.) what you like on your grilled Hot Sausages?

PJ's also sells the sauce online and here is the ingredients list: Tomatoes, vinegar, corn syrup, cucumbers, onions, green bell peppers, celery, (secret) spices, salt, onion powder, starch, alum.

Thanks in advance!
Paul

If I'm grilling at home I like just mustard on any kind of spicy brat, Polish or Italian.

If I'm eating an Italian sausage or a beef & sausage combo in the Chicago area, I like it drowned in jus.

Around these parts (NY/NJ/PA area), italian sausages (hot or sweet) are accompanied with sauteed peppers and onions. At times, hot cherry peppers and a tomato sauce.

o.jpg

Yea, in Chicago you don't see grilled onions on Italians, grilled sweet peppers that are simmered in Jus, yep and or Giardiniera ( hot) and more Jus or tomato gravy.
Maxwell Street Polish has grilled onions, mustard and on order, sport peppers (or A-hole burners )
Chicago beef hot links gets the BBQ sauce, preferably Moo & Oink.

Back