What color is this lid?

Mystery solved. Owner contacted me. Said it's black. I find that really surprising. Couldn't tell if it was green or blue but I certainly didn't expect that. I wonder if he's right. Can a photo be that off?

I used to have a motorcycle that a guy who did lots of show cars offered to paint for me if I did some mechanical work for him. He did it in a VERY deep black with pearlescent gold, red, blue over it and a pearl gold stripe set on the tank. So depending how you looked at it, it went from black, to deep red, to kind of gold, and depending on the sun you could also see the stripes. IT looked amazing. It was an awful motorcycle but what a looker. Hmmm, kinda like my ex wife

I used to have a motorcycle that a guy who did lots of show cars offered to paint for me if I did some mechanical work for him. He did it in a VERY deep black with pearlescent gold, red, blue over it and a pearl gold stripe set on the tank. So depending how you looked at it, it went from black, to deep red, to kind of gold, and depending on the sun you could also see the stripes. IT looked amazing. It was an awful motorcycle but what a looker. Hmmm, kinda like my ex wife
I can relate, brother, having spent much of my life believing that "she's really hot" is a great reason to get married. Alas, I finally figured it out -- better late than never -- that character and what's on the inside are way more important than the exterior. Not that my third (and final) wife isn't attractive. She is. But we're middle aged, with all the outer limitations that implies. Yet our connection more than makes up for it. Her inner beauty is exquisite and we just grow closer with time. Eleven years now and going strong.

I can relate, brother, having spent much of my life believing that "she's really hot" is a great reason to get married. Alas, I finally figured it out -- better late than never -- that character and what's on the inside are way more important than the exterior. Not that my third (and final) wife isn't attractive. She is. But we're middle aged, with all the outer limitations that implies. Yet our connection more than makes up for it. Her inner beauty is exquisite and we just grow closer with time. Eleven years now and going strong.
Amen to that. Coming up on 37 years. I guess she'll be burying me :D

What do you see? I can only make out two, so I never answer any question that is "What color is this'? I just say "Pass."

1643657564877.png

Back