What BBQ not to miss in Houston?

FJ Abraham

TVWBB Fan
My parents will be going to Houston in 3 weeks for a visit (hopefully things will be nearly back to normal!).

I figure it would be a good opportunity for some really good Texas BBQ. But where to go?

It's been several years, but when I lived down there we'd go to Hickory Hollow, just outside of downtown. I wouldn't go so far as to call it "not to miss", but it was pretty good. (This was before I leaned to barbeque for myself).

Try one of the combo platters with BBQ and a Chicken Fried Steak. The prices aren't too bad and you won't leave hungry.
icon_biggrin.gif

AlamoPlatter.jpg

For a great BBQ experience, it's hard to beat Goode Company (Jim Goode has smoked food for heads of state), either the I-10 or Kirby Dr. location. Great brisket, sausage, turkey, all the sides are great and of course you have to have the jalapeno cheese bread. Save a little room for the chocolate pie. They also have great take-home gifts!

Agree with Alan S. Goode Co. is a safe choice. I also like Pizzatola's & Luling City Market in Houston & Swinging Door out in Richmond.

Back