What are YOU smoking this weekend?

Originally posted by Phil S.:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brian Bo.:
Great thread.

I'll be smoking a 6lb rack of spares I picked-up and rubbed/wrapped last night.

Gonna be smoking them tomorrow morning (8am) with some cherry wood I have left over in the basement.

I have to dig a trench to run conduit so that I can re-do the electric in my garage...while the swine is being smoked.
icon_smile.gif
Oh yeah, and college football.
icon_biggrin.gif

Ohhhh, My FAVORITE wood for ribs!!! I was just gonna smoke a picnic shoulder, but now I guess I'll have to go get some ribs too!!
wsmsmile8gm.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha, awesome, man. I actually setup the coals this evening and threw a few apple chips in there as well...mixed them with the cherry chips. I have a 16oz cup full of cherry and apple that I have to soak and throw into the mix when I start my ribs in the morning...

I love smokin'. I usually can't sleep the night before. haha

Originally posted by S. Fink:

Lookin' to fill the Gator void myself tomorrow. I think a couple of racks of Spares will do the trick. I prefer Q w/ some Tebow on the side, but that'll have to wait until next weekend.

Gator fan living in Stratford? Booo!!!!

It's 11:30 at night in MN, 45? outside, hockey highlights on the TV, cold beer in hand, dog sleeping at my feet, and 16#'s of pork butt just went on the smoker.

And the furnace just kicked in… again.

Spareribs are still on sale at Smart & Final for $1.69/lb, that's what it is this weekend.
icon_biggrin.gif

Just got back from 4 days in Reno last night and just inside the front door was my new WSM in the box. After I unpacked the truck, I put it together. Fit and finish are perfect, no dents or bruises and everything was within about 1/32” of being perfectly round. GOOD JOB Weber and Brown!
I woke at 3 am this morning with visions of pork butts dancing in my head, so as soon as Costco opens, I’ll be down to get a few butts, then I’ll swing by BBQ Galore for some apple and cherry. I’ll put the butts on this evening for an overnighter.
Brown also delivered my Maverick ET-73 and a pair of Bear Paws.

Originally posted by Mikey Seim:
It's 11:30 at night in MN, 45? outside, hockey highlights on the TV, cold beer in hand, dog sleeping at my feet, and 16#'s of pork butt just went on the smoker.

And the furnace just kicked in… again.

Coolin right off at night isnt it Mikey, I'm sportin the Carhartt insulated hoodie today. How's the butts comming, got em in the foil yet?

I just got my bacon started (first attempt), mini-minion with 4 sugar maple chunks. Using water for the first time in a long time. Temp is comming up real slow, but the smokes rollin. Looking foreword to some bacon goodness for breakfast tomarrow. Later this afternoon I'll do the turkey breasts and fattie.

Brandon

Put 4 butts totaling about 22 pounds on last night. My son's 18th birthday and he wanted a "porkfest" for his buddies. They all have their conference cross-country meet today so they will be hungry. All of the leftovers will be foodsavered as my freezer stash is currently out.

Bob

SO Just threw me a curve and she's headed home with her mother, sister and her family, brother and his family. Asked if I can to cook for them all . . . hmmmm, hell yea!! Going to go grab a brisket for high heat brisket and burnt ends, grab another tri-tip (non Wagyu, the nephews don't need Wagyu), get more chicken, sausage for fatties, some brats, and pull a bag of PP out of the freezer for warming sounds like a Q to me! Got to love days like this . . . crap, what am I thinking, I forgot to write down more beer
icon_wink.gif

Update on what I'm smokin'.

newribs

Been on the smoker for four hours (I do the 4-1-1). That was just before I wrapped them. They're still on the smoker and will be for another 2hrs or so (1hr wrapped, 1hr unwrapped). Then it's time to eat!

I had a few of the tips I cut and they were awesome. The smoke flavor is perfect...This was my first time using the apple and cherry combo.

Good idea, Larry. I haven't had a beer all day because I've been in the backyard doing some work. Time to pop open a Paulaner.

Originally posted by LarryR:
SO Just threw me a curve and she's headed home with her mother, sister and her family, brother and his family. Asked if I can to cook for them all . . . hmmmm, hell yea!! Going to go grab a brisket for high heat brisket and burnt ends, grab another tri-tip (non Wagyu, the nephews don't need Wagyu), get more chicken, sausage for fatties, some brats, and pull a bag of PP out of the freezer for warming sounds like a Q to me! Got to love days like this . . . crap, what am I thinking, I forgot to write down more beer
icon_wink.gif

Sounds like a feast Larry!
icon_cool.gif

Aaaaahaaa... the pics have started!!

Here are my ribs, sauced and on for another few minutes to cook it on....

10_18_08ribs1.jpg

Burt
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Well, like LarryR, things today didn't work out quite like "plans"
icon_smile.gif

The pork roast and black beans will be done tomorrow....in desperation, I went rumaging in the basement freezer....made it a "Sausage Night" !

I found some Johnsonville Stadium Brats, some Weisswurst, and something I labelled as "Irish Sausage"....whatever THAT is
icon_eek.gif

Did the brats and the Irish on the gasser....slightly browned the weisswurst in a skillet, and then added canned saurkraut (yuk !), doctored with dill weed and caraway seeds (it didn't help, but I had it in the pantry...), and boiled it in cheap swill.

The Wife sauteed some green pepper and onion, as well as steamed some COTC....amazing we're still getting GREAT COTC from our local produce stand !!!

The weisswurst was great, with a dipping sauce of spicy brown mustard....the Wife's brat, on a bun with the veggies, was also good.

I cut the leftover sausages into rounds, and Foodsaver'd them. I like to add it to my chicken soup, as well as my split pea soup
icon_smile.gif

....and, Brian Bo. ? The "Gator Nation" is EVERYWHERE !
icon_biggrin.gif
Your cook DOES look good, though !

Dean...

I got a 12lb turkey I'm about to pull out of the brine to sit in the fridge over night. Going to do a trial run before Turkey Day. The Stella's are flowing and I'm out sorts cause the WSM won't be fired up till tomorrow.

Speaking of turkey, I just pulled my 3 turkey breasts out of the fridge. They got a nice air dry also. Just fired with RO and 4 great looking alder chunks (smokinlicious).

I might have to set the alarm on this one, its gettin late. I'll do all the photos tomarrow, when I slice the bacon and turkey breasts, and high heat a choice brisket flat.

Brandon
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Back