What are you smoking this weekend?

Jim, how traditional does the gravy with wine taste? Are we talking full fledge wine flavor or gravy with possible sweet undertones?
You know it's been so long since I've had a "traditional" turkey (non-smoked) that I couldn't really tell you. I don't think it's that out there though. I use a Chard. as well. If comments and how quickly it goes are any indication I'd say it's preferred to "traditional" gravy.

Sounds like a great weekend of smoking! The pictures look great!!

I grilled the BEST ribeye I've ever eaten on Saturday. If you are in the northern Chicago area, I strongly recommend Al's Meat Market in Wilmette. He cut me a Cowboy Cut, Prime, Dry-Aged Ribeye. Sorry I didn't have my camera (forgot it at my in-law's house on Christmas), but this was a winner! I served it with a red wine reduction -- very tasty.

On Sunday, I rolled and smoked my first fatty
icon_biggrin.gif
. I also made a rack of baby backs. Turned out great except (based on info from this site) I switched to lump from Kingsford. Worked great, but I underestimated the amount needed and lost heat after 4 hours. No worries, I finished the ribs on the gas grill and all was well.

Thanks to everyone who contributes to this site. You have been a great source of information and inspiration. Happy New Year all!!

Mike

Yeah,

I've eaten my weight in Turkey ala King, but I've never eaten it lookin like that. When I read about it in puff pastry bowls I figured I guy really couldn't go wrong with that.

The picture confirms that I really need to try it this way. Good stuff man.

Josh

Back