What are you asking Santa for this year?

For my wonderful wife Barb to get through this next year to have four successful surgeries to replace both of her knee joints and hip joints.
Off to a rocky start though, due to spring training starting down in Phoenix at the end of January where Barbs surgeries will be, a room down in Phoenix for two nights as she has to be at the hospital at 5:30am and bordering the two dogs up here $1000.
But it will worth every penny if it makes her better.

Give Barb my love and tell her I am soo sorry for what she is going through. It has been almost a year for me in this wheelchair, hope Barb will be able to walk soon.

Give Barb my love and tell her I am soo sorry for what she is going through. It has been almost a year for me in this wheelchair, hope Barb will be able to walk soon.
Thanks Joan, Barb is a tough lady. Although she has to use a walker to get around that doesn't slow her down one bit. This morning she is finishing up her Christmas decorations in the house, then this afternoon she will be making Christmas cookies and I get to be Sous Chef :giggle: .

Good going Barb. Wish we were neighbors.

Hey Rich, will you post pictures of the cookies?

For my wonderful wife Barb to get through this next year to have four successful surgeries to replace both of her knee joints and hip joints.
Off to a rocky start though, due to spring training starting down in Phoenix at the end of January where Barbs surgeries will be, a room down in Phoenix for two nights as she has to be at the hospital at 5:30am and bordering the two dogs up here $1000.
But it will worth every penny if it makes her better.

She'll do just fine. Barb's a trooper.
Tell her to believe them, though, when they say the knee is a longer recovery.
I had total hip replacement 2 years ago, recovering now from one total knee replacement and getting the other knee done in Feb. The hip was a piece of cake. The knee recovery is not really HARD, just takes longer. And it is more painful but she can handle it.
She's the kind of person who will do the exercises and follow the PT protocol, so she'll do great.

I thought I would breeze through with the knee and be ready for Christmas prep, but nope - it took me about 3 times longer to get my outdoor decorations up and I had to use a cane for part of it.
But they're done!

By the way - invest in one of those ice machines that circulate cold water. I have the Breg. She's gotta have the ice therapy and this is so much easier and convenient.
For 4 joints, it will definitely pay off.

Best wishes to Barb for 4 fast recoveries.

This is gonna be a rough year. Re, Christmas "spirit" not feeling it at all this year. Having lost our wonderful friend/neighbor Fred so close to T/Giving, now our dad is having a REALLY rough go. Had to be rushed to hospital last Friday. Turning blue could not catch breath. Thought fluid, was gonna release him on Tues. But no dice, blood O2 not getting up. Constant running back and forth for us. Some kind of lung damage from one of those "miracle" drugs they tried on him. Anyway not shaping up to be a good "Holliday" time. He's discouraged and extremely upset. So right now things up in the air

I had total hip replacement 2 years ago, recovering now from one total knee replacement and getting the other knee done in Feb. The hip was a piece of cake. The knee recovery is not really HARD, just takes longer. And it is more painful but she can handle it.
She's the kind of person who will do the exercises and follow the PT protocol, so she'll do great.

I thought I would breeze through with the knee and be ready for Christmas prep, but nope - it took me about 3 times longer to get my outdoor decorations up and I had to use a cane for part of it.
But they're done!

By the way - invest in one of those ice machines that circulate cold water. I have the Breg. She's gotta have the ice therapy and this is so much easier and convenient.

Thank you Brenda for this information. That helps to have some idea of what's to be expected. Its going to be a long road but Rich and I will make it.

Thanks again
Barb

Health and happiness means a lot to us and I hope we continue to receive that blessing.

For me at my age I don’t really need much.
I did get a set of custom fit insulated Carhartt overalls from the wife as an early present and my daughter is getting me a pizza steel so I’m pretty much squared away.

Me, I am having a hard time trying to find the perfect gifts for my loved ones.
The wife just had a birthday so it’s a challenge to double dose her with gifts.
Both her and the kids are squared away with their reasonable needs so this is challenging to say the least.

Knock on wood, I’m just happy and thankful that all is well.

Andy, I sooo know what you mean. DH just had a birthday last month and it was hard coming up with nice gifts then. I'm knocking on wood with you 🥰

This is gonna be a rough year. Re, Christmas "spirit" not feeling it at all this year. Having lost our wonderful friend/neighbor Fred so close to T/Giving, now our dad is having a REALLY rough go. Had to be rushed to hospital last Friday. Turning blue could not catch breath. Thought fluid, was gonna release him on Tues. But no dice, blood O2 not getting up. Constant running back and forth for us. Some kind of lung damage from one of those "miracle" drugs they tried on him. Anyway not shaping up to be a good "Holliday" time. He's discouraged and extremely upset. So right now things up in the air
I'm sorry to read that. I won't go into details, but I'm painfully aware of what you're going through with your Dad. I hope it all works out for your Dad and the rest of the family. Savor every second with your loved ones....

Sorry to hear Larry. Recently lost my best friend for 60+ years who died from some undefined lung disease he'd been fighting for 10 or 12 years. Hope and prayers your dad fares better.

But they're done!

I second the recommendation of the ice machine, Brenda-I had it for both my knee replacements, and it made recovery so much better. I had to e Polar unit

Back