What am I looking at?

Mike Tee

TVWBB Fan
Never seen this before! Currently running a 2000 with a blue top. Regret getting rid of the original top but that’s life.

Attachments

• IMG_4620.jpeg
    IMG_4620.jpeg
    176.9 KB · Views: 39
That is one of those short run Gold/Platinum grills. If I remember correctly, they were built in the later 90's and had a single row of 5 flavorizer bars. Just beware that the cookbox is not the same as a Silver B cook box. The parts are very hard to come by on those grills, so if you want to rehab it, make sure you have all the parts you need for it and if not, check to see availability before you commit to it.

Yeah, those grills are probably more closely related to a Genesis 1000 and most of the parts from those should work on it.

It's a Genesis Gold... Bought one of these in brand new in 2000. Thought it cooked decent, but I found that the specific/unique parts were hard to find replacements for, since the model was only made a couple of years. This lid/handle is the only configuration that will fit together and the plastic table caps are easy to rip off. Broke the left side myself when I tried to pick it up during a move. Just sold it to a neighbor this summer... says that he's happy with it so far.

Attachments

• 20220628_163101.jpg
    20220628_163101.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 13
That's a nice grill because it has the beefier metal frame. I believe it still uses the same burners as the 1000-5000 (Weber 7506). The flavorizer bars are Weber 9913 and the grates are Weber 7639 (solid SS). Here is the schematic if interested...

The first one is with the side burner and the other is without the side burner. I rehabbed one of those for a family friend awhile ago and he's been enjoying it.

It’s odd that stuff pops up here in threes usually. The Gen 5, a guy posted a thread about, I bought one, and then bam two more adds for identical ones popped up.

And now this thing that I wasn’t aware existed. 🤣

Back