What am I grilling Sunday?

T Waite

TVWBB Super Fan
Now that the redhead is up and ready to rumble, ( http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?61028-SCORE!-No-more-filthy-dirty-G1K ), I need suggestions for an inaugural cook.

So far this year I've done burgers, dogs, bratwurst both cased and bulk, Italian sausage both cased and bulk, steaks, chicken, ribs, country ribs, Po'k chops, steaks, Kabobs, ham, both slices and steaks...All of this over and over. I've done 'taters, squash, green beans, asparagus, corn.

I don't want some namby-pamby indirect cook. I want to stand at the grill and cook some food while grunting like Tim Allen. Indirect cooks will come later.

What haven't I done yet that screams CHAR ME!?

If you're after some real, live, primal, hot, sweaty, flamey, fire time, then it's time for you to do a Cavemen Ribeye. Lump charcoal is necessary, but it's not too hard to find. Light your lump, get it screaming hot, blow the ashes off, and throw the steaks on the coals. Yes, on the coals. It's really fun, a real crowd pleaser, and, the steaks are excellent cooked this way (not even kidding). This method is sure to cure your desire for standing around a real ring of fire! No loose clothing allowed and say goodbye to any hand/arm hairs! :redmastertouch::coolkettle:

If you're after some real, live, primal, hot, sweaty, flamey, fire time, then it's time for you to do a Cavemen Ribeye. Lump charcoal is necessary, but it's not too hard to find. Light your lump, get it screaming hot, blow the ashes off, and throw the steaks on the coals. Yes, on the coals. It's really fun, a real crowd pleaser, and, the steaks are excellent cooked this way (not even kidding). This method is sure to cure your desire for standing around a real ring of fire! No loose clothing allowed and say goodbye to any hand/arm hairs! :redmastertouch::coolkettle:

You must have missed the G1k part.

No Tri Tip on your list yet? You could cut it into steaks and stand there and grill them. That shiny red grill is going to cook hot like
a brand new one at first, and the Tri steaks should not get to medium, so keep a watchful eye on them.

Ok, I think I have it sorted out. If it works it'll show up in the photo threads. It will also be my corn throw down!

Back