What’s with pork prices???

Speaking of pork prices, our local Safeway had their house brand thick sliced bacon 3 lbs. for $9.99, limit 2. Got my 2. Pretty good bacon too.

Probably so many people staying away from things it's market pressure. Just bought a whole prime strip loin at Costco. Basic price per # was already pretty competitive but then they also had them marked down an additional $25 limit 2 whole loins.

Probably so many people staying away from things it's market pressure. Just bought a whole prime strip loin at Costco. Basic price per # was already pretty competitive but then they also had them marked down an additional $25 limit 2 whole loins.
Yep. They gotta move it before it rots. Still some deals out there for those of us who shop for them. Also got Choice top sirloin steaks for $2.99/lb. They'll make some good burger meat.

Looked a baby backs at Walmart a couple days ago $5.99/lb. That is about double the last I picked up.

Looked a baby backs at Walmart a couple days ago $5.99/lb. That is about double the last I picked up.
Smithfield spares still $1.74 in 2 packs at Walmart here. Single slabs, $1.97/lb. - St. Louis, $4.68 & Baby Backs, $5.17. Break out the knife and trim up some spares.

Seriously, trim some spares St. Louis style and you'll probably agree that they're more flavorful than Baby Backs. Trimmings are good for Carnitas, rib tips or put in a pot of beans. Less than half the price, better flavor and no waste.

Costco had whole pork loins at $1.99/lb with $8.00 off per package. I picked up two that were about 8 lbs each, so right about $1/lb final price. I hope I won't have to fight the snow to smoke the Canadian bacon.

I wish I could make use of the pork. Wife is allergic to it and empty nesters now so pork in my house is a rarity

I walked in my local Walmart today and got sticker shock at some the prices as well. I wanted pork, but left with steel head trout.

I just picked up bone in pork shoulder for $1.59/lb and Smithfield 3 pack of 1lb bacon for $16.99 here at Sams. I thought both were super cheap all things considered. Publix sells the same bacon for $9.99/lb.

On another note the local butcher had Prime grade Prime rib for $29.99/lb.

Prices pretty much are nuts across the board, complaining doesn’t do much good with the exception of letting one vent. I’m really worn out from venting though. Can’t fix it, just spent 165 bucks on what would have cost me maybe $75 a year ago. Yep, prices suck.

Hormel Bone-In Pork Shoulder on sale this week at Jewel in Chicagoland for .99/lb (limit 2)
View attachment 41706
My local store didn't have the limit posted so I grabbed 3 yesterday and 3 more today.
I'm gonna grind them all and split with my Sons.
You cant beat ground pork for a buck a pound. I did 12# for old timers bacon today along with 12# of bulk Italian sausage.
Tomorrow 12# of brkfast sausage ( bulk & pattys) and 12# of grind.
All vac sealed in 1# pacs.

Back