WESTON Vac Sealer - Need Help

Anova and Nesco get solid reviews. Wife just picked up a Nesco from wally world. Wanted the Anova but not in stock. The FS is on it's last legs but did get a solid 10 years out of it.

I may be grasping at straws here: are your bags textured differently on each side? If so, would you want to try flipping them and seeing if you get different results?
The bags are textured on one side.
I have tried every possible option when sealing...it does eventually seal but from everything I have read about all different brands and running into the same problem it seems to be the actual seal itself. I tried flipping the bag..using books to keep it level....you name it.
This maintenence kit I tried to buy here actually has a description and it says something about making it seal again in there......

To be honest these vac packing machines are seriously rookie machines all of them....they do an okay job at the best. Not trying to be rude....
Anything with liquid or even just a moist piece of salmon and they pull the moisture out and make a mess.
I tried to vac pack corn off the cob and while I got them all sealed it did pull all the moisture out of the bags.
Now a real machine is a vacuum chamber sealer....you see them used on TV cooking shows if you watch those.
I am sitting on the fence right now and have watched a few video reviews.......it also weighs 70 pounds and you need the available real estate.
Yes it is considerably more money but it feels more like a buy once cry once and don't look back scenario to me.
The frustration I have when you hit start and you have to re do it about 10 times to get it to actually work is really getting to me.
Wet pumps.....and apparently they do come in smaller sizes than I linked but from what I read you will hate your life if you go with something smaller than a 12 inch seal......I can see where they are coming from.
Link and pics....This apparently seems to be a very well made machine and it keeps you in a better price range than other brands.

A fairly honest review......there are more but this guy really has a lot of info.

1729012953704.png

Those chamber sealers are the bomb. My Son picked one up a few years ago on a black friday deal.
Paid $600.00.

Its nice you can chnage the settings for how long and stong of a vacuum.........and $600 is a steal for that one.
My price when I clicked the link was $2500
The one I posted might be a cheaper type brand but if you watched that review it seemed pretty nice.
And it would be at a cost of under $600 for myself.

To be honest these vac packing machines are seriously rookie machines all of them....they do an okay job at the best. Not trying to be rude....
Anything with liquid or even just a moist piece of salmon and they pull the moisture out and make a mess.
I tried to vac pack corn off the cob and while I got them all sealed it did pull all the moisture out of the bags.
Anything with moisture I either wrap in plastic wrap (Glad Wrap, Saran Wrap) before sealing...or, if it's small enough, put it in a sandwich bag, fold over the top but don't seal it. Alternatively, freeze your items first, then vac seal it. If you freeze multiple items in one large bag like I do, the plastic wrap/sandwich bags help keep them separate so they don't freeze together to the degree that you can't break them apart.

I have the Weston Pro-1100 and that thing will suck the proverbial golf ball through 50' of garden hose.

For alot of wet things like soup/stews I just use a freezer zip loc bag and drop it in a bowl of water to force the air out.
Pretty dang close or close enough to a vac seal.

Spaghetti sauce, Cincinnati chili sauce, chili & the like get frozen in mini-loaf pans, popped out and vacuum sealed. Works well for us.

Dunking a zipper lock bag in water to force out trapped air is a highly useful technique.

Back