WESTON Vac Sealer - Need Help

Darryl - swazies

TVWBB Diamond Member
I have a Weston, model number 65-0501-W
It is fairly powerful but in not many uses it acts up.......after searching for a long time I have found a replacement kit number.
It basically doesn't want to seal but it will after repeat attempts.....from what I read this will eventually stop.
Now my issue is there is zero options to get this kit shipped to Canada even though directly through Weston it is available in the USA.
If you have any leads for me to get this up across the boarder or somewhere I can find it up here I would be a very happy person.
I don't want to trash the company online....or be negative in any way...but honestly it's making me angry.
It is an above average cost item and a good brand name.....I would expect better.
If you can help please let me know.

The model itself on Amazon.
They sold out on the .CA side of things due to the prime days..........

The kit I found to be right and was confirmed by Weston.

The quote from my helper at Weston......just a quick snap.......he shared a couple links that may have it in Canada, but with no success after looking into it.

1728501920758.png

Last edited:
Darryl, the note says that the “website only accepts US orders” I wonder what a phone call might turn up? Just a thought.

Thanks for the PM Timothy.......I will be getting back to you.

I will continue to make contact with them today......I will be sure to post up anything that desrves attention.
If they are terrible at looking after their customer base why would anyone want to purchase their products.
They make lots of different machines that hunter or not some people would want / need a bunch of them.
From their site.

1728562340406.png

I messaged back to my " online assistant " today.......I was stern but not an " insert word here "

While I was getting responses from him in a matter of an hour or two previuosly.......it has been 5 hours with no response.

I have everything in writing still..........I may get back to you Timothy......I also may give them a call....I have to wait until the weekend due to me being

at work for endless hours per day......the hours I am home don't allow me to call anyone.

“Patience is a virtue!” Yes but, it’s one I don’t always possess!
I get it Darryl, I’m ready to help if you need it. Seems like a pretty silly hoop to have to jump through if the company has a Canadian presence. Corporate “Chapeau de Derrières” as our Scottish member says (in English to me) about this sort of “business” attitude from people. Hey, why is there no “Blowing raspberries” emoji? Or have I simply not found it?

Thanks again Timothy....I was just about to mssg you but BFletcher here ^^^^^

Very thoughtful offers of assistance from Timothy and Jeff.

Also: what about this:
https://www.webstaurantstore.com/we...tYiqzKj4Z39J7p9ONn-6s1x2tEUDq0yhoCz-MQAvD_BwE

View attachment 101648

This is amazing, I went and checked the site and it appears that I can get it shipped to my address.
I looked around for a good amount of time without any luck finding this kit available to me.....
I was hoping I could find some help by asking for help.
I will give this a shot, I don't know the website but it looks promising....Thank you very much.

And Timothy and Jeff thanks again for your generous offer.

Just spoke with a customer chat agent....seems like it is going to work out....(y)

Last edited:
Webstaurantstore.com is generally a good place to order from. Only caveat from me would be to watch the S&H charges, some items get a crazy markup there.

Their customer service is top notch. I'd ordered a half a dozen disposable chafing dish kits, and one of them arrived bent & pierced. I sent their online chat pics, and was promptly asked if I wanted them to ship me a new kit, a refund back to my card, or an in-store credit.

Webstaurantstore.com is generally a good place to order from. Only caveat from me would be to watch the S&H charges, some items get a crazy markup there.

Their customer service is top notch. I'd ordered a half a dozen disposable chafing dish kits, and one of them arrived bent & pierced. I sent their online chat pics, and was promptly asked if I wanted them to ship me a new kit, a refund back to my card, or an in-store credit.
Okay so as I go through all the crazy steps to get it moving across the boarder I did indeed get hit hard with shipping costs....
More for shipping than the product itself.
Thanks for the heads up.......

Quick summary........pic attached for reference.......They want almost $70 USD.....total.
Now it doesn't seem bad to you perhaps....but up here that's like a million bucks....LOL..kidding...sort of.
According to todays monies that puts me at $94.95
Priority shipping was only $1 more than economy......

I have the package sitting at the point where it is ready to go but having some serious thoughts on if it is really worth it.
I can just get a new one for about the same money spent.
Just checked Costco and they have a lesser name brand on there right now for $99.99
I have to figure it out but wouldn't that make the most sense?

Just tried shipping it to my house instead of my work as it may be a better and easier delivery and it is more.
For that they want $100.35 :cautious::cautious::cautious:

1729002897781.png

economy

1729003173375.png

Based on your feedback, to me it sounds like a no brainer to order a new one.

I hear yah......it still doesn't make me feel good........
I would expect at least a good year of solid use for a product like this.....but I do hear of peole with problems with them often including my folks.
Food Saver...it didn't last long either....it's a tad frustrating.

Took a quick look at Amazon......seeing brands I never heard of before but they are less than $70.........:cautious:

Last edited:
I hear yah......it still doesn't make me feel good........
I would expect at least a good year of solid use for a product like this.....but I do hear of peole with problems with them often including my folks.
Food Saver...it didn't last long either....it's a tad frustrating.

Took a quick look at Amazon......seeing brands I never heard of before but they are less than $70.........:cautious:
I fully appreciate all the frustration and I know about feeling like you’re just throwing money out the door.
I bought one from Amazon ( Geryon, I think ) it’s just OK, not a glowing endorsement and I’d not get another when this one really croaks but, I knew nothing when I got it. That reminds me, I need a roll of bag material!

I'm starting to get very leery about what I purchase through Amazon. Fake ads and counterfeits are on the rise.

I will never ever consider buying anything with a FoodSaver brand. 'nuff said.

Ouch. Even domestic shipping here is $22. Direct from Weston, I see $12.

That's a major frustration, though. Unless you're vacuum packing whole steers, these things should last more than a year. I picked up an Ary Vacmaster Pro 260 several years ago through Costco, and aside from some personal idiocy (which did require some disassembly and cleaning,) this thing has been a good sealer. Unfortunately, it looks like Ary has nearly completely abandoned this space.

Back