Well that didn't last long.

Dennis Stilwell

TVWBB Member
2 very small cooks on the 18" WSM, and I now own a 22.5" WSM WOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

P1031716.jpg

Nice Dennis!
There's nothing wrong with owning them both IMHO. I think I can see an 18 1/2" in my future for smaller cooks

I have both also. I bought the 18" used from a friend and the 22" during the $304 Amazon sale. We have two houses also. I keep the 22" at the house in NE Alabama and the 18" in Georgia. If I had both side by side and not cooking for 15 people, I'd use the 18" every time.

Nothing wrong with the 22", but seeing the difference in fuel burned is enough to keep using the 18" when I can.

Heck, if they made a 26" WSM, I'd have that, too!

i just took plunge as well, got a 26.75"ot 3 weeks ago and did a couple of small indirect smokes (works well for just the family)and some great grillin, but kept reading this **** forum and bought a the 22wsm. got it friday, did 7 racks of ribs on the top(plenty of room with 2 rib racks)and 3 butts on the bottom. if anything taste better out of another smoker, i don't think i could eat it. i also thought you guys were exagerating how easy it was to control temp. wow! full charcoal ring of kingsford comp, 5 blocks of apple, 3/4 chimney lit and added, caught the temp on the way up, did very little adjusting for the rest of the cook. what a machine.

Back