welcome home son

Sparky Rowe

TVWBB Super Fan
well, it ya'll don't know it my son moved back home. he was hanging out w/ a vege girl for the lasts 3 year so he was use to eat alof of fish. so i thought i would cook him up some seafood to welcome him home (his mom is so happy. me, move out dude ).

got some costco shrimp, SOW, souileau's and old bay.

greatfridaycooks050_zps48a29bc6.jpg

busted out the 26 weber. see my new handle i put on the lid. much easier to get on and off.

greatfridaycooks053_zpsabecdaf6.jpg

some costco steelhead filets.

greatfridaycooks057_zpsc0cf7743.jpg

shrimp time.

greatfridaycooks058_zps5e5a1561.jpg

shrimp getting happy, happy.

greatfridaycooks059_zps7ece5c91.jpg

quality control. these ones won't make the table.

greatfridaycooks061_zpse6b6c30c.jpg

oh ya baby. this is going to be yummy. fish is at 135°.

greatfridaycooks064_zps8a7219ba.jpg

greatfridaycooks066_zpsb002f49f.jpg

my son wanted to cook up some broccoli so on goes the cast iron.

greatfridaycooks072_zpsfbaaff7a.jpg

welcome home son. i home you enjoy your seafood meal.

greatfridaycooks075_zpsf132f656.jpg

it is nice to have him home. my wife is very happy.

yep, pull out that cot daddy, your "other" son is com'in home too:p
Steelhead, bullhead, i'll eet it all!

and i can not believe "these ones won't make the table"... eetin' as you go, heh?

greatfridaycooks061_zpse6b6c30c.jpg

I may be moving home to my Dad's in Lynn soon from Birmingham, AL, but I don't think I'll get a welcome home meal like that from my pops! Great looking stuff and glad to hear your son's back with y'all even if ya wish he'd move back out! :D

Hey Sparky, I see you put the front handle on the lid of your 26. What do ya think?
Nice looking cook by the way!

Looks great sparky! Looks like you kept it simple...I like my seafood that way as well! Bet your kid was "Happy,Happy,Happy" as well!

you cook good food like that and the boy will never leave ! just kidding. its always nice when the kids come over. my boys are in their 30's and when they come over together , its like a tsunami. but i love it. and like you say , it makes mama happy.
great looking fish , by the way. nice job , dad !

Back