Weird Coffee maker "issue"

It is funny that my Mr. Coffee has a tiny spray head and I have been stirring the grinds until the grounds are swimming and it works great. I was in a thrift store the other day and found these Mr. Coffee water filters for $.50 that sit just above the basket and just tried them out. They diffuse the water perfectly and now the grounds are well saturated without stirring.
View attachment 100762View attachment 100763
I had a Mr Coffee (was a large(ish)) 10 cup big square machine. Control panel went out on it so I tossed it I think. Used those but I tried them once. Spilled water all over the place, so I tossed them

This is only my second Mr. Coffee in about maybe 20 years? With RO water I don't even have to descale them. For about $5-$10 at thrift shops. Makes great coffee with a little effort and replacement carafes almost free at 2nd hand shops, it has been great. I like following your elusive journey to find the perfect coffee and maker, but for me spending hundreds of dollars to pour water over beans isn't in the cards. I make an almost full pot in the morning and quickly store the leftover in a mason jar for the afternoon, so no need for the thermal carafes that I can not get my hand in to clean. I think of it like grills, used kettle for $25 or new WSK S6 for $2000. They both can put out great Q but one needs a little more attention.

Yeah, IDK. Over the years I've owned more than a few Mr Coffees. Never turned out what I really wanted to drink. Maybe what I "needed" re caffeine fix, but not what I truly enjoyed. I imagine (like I could with the Mocamaster) if I "worked" at it, manually blooming, stopping, stirring and what not, I could manage a much better cup out of nearly anything. But, here is the thing. In the AM (or worse yet if I need it REALLY early cause the CFO has to leave way earlier) and I need to use the timer function, here too, I'm not even in a position to "work" at it. Let alone the fact that I just don't want to.
If I am buying a quality piece of equipment (regardless of the equipment) I expect that I should not have to babysit it or "work at it". In the AM, I want to grind a batch, pour them in pour in the water and go about my morning, testing my glucose, reading my weight and blood pressure, and so on so I can send those reports to my docs on a timely manner. I have MORE than enough to do in the AM to not want to play with making a coffee.
For my afternoon (after lunch unwind cup) I have espresso machines for playing with a machine. And then? Then it's "fun". In the morning? I don't want to "play". I want to have a piece of equipment follow set parameters and do it's job for me while I take care of me.
And FWIW, these little forays into the machines, are not at high costs :D Being the proverbial "cheapskate" I don't make a move unless I can get a real "bargain" and get rid of something that offsets or even pays for the next bargain.
I'm a way better hunter than Elmer Fudd :D

Back