Weekend Cooks...Some Good Eats!!

Jeff Powers

TVWBB Fan
Last night was guys night alone....ahhhh...peace and quite, some tunes, a relaxed feeling and the grill smoking away (no action shot but a picture for your mind).....

Grilled filet, prosciutto wrapped asparagus (all seasoned with s/p, garlic powder, chipotle powder and evoo.), some bacon and jalapeno scalloped potatoes (better than box, not as good as homemade but easier than both.) Enjoy....

null_zps81381d47.jpg

null_zps293a169c.jpg

Oh yea...for dessert, some gourmet cinnamon bun with cream cheese frosting (I serve it like a regular desert as I love the flavors) from the Publix bakery. Whipped cream mandatory, lol....oink!!
null_zps368f7e29.jpg

Tonight gonna do some ribs Raichlen style...marinading in some pineapple juice, jalapenos, cilantro, and garlic. Will get rubbed with....a jerk rub,.....
3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1-1/2 tablespoons coarse salt
1-1/2 tablespoons ground coriander
1-1/2 teaspoons black pepper
1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
1-1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 to 1 teaspoon scotch bonnet chili powder or cayenne pepper

null_zpscdd7db80.jpg

He says a quick grill 1.5 hours @ 325 indirect, I'm gonna foil for 45 and grill for 45, we'll see, unless the pineapple really tenderizes I suspect I'd like them more fall off the bone....results later...

Ribs on indirect
b7fbcb79-ea55-49d2-8cb4-306484ebc2dc_zps6ba792e2.jpg

Some leftover juices from the foil on direct for some flavor in the smoke..for the ribs and the neighbors, lol

null_zps9abcedbb.jpg

Relax for a while...

null_zps09880354.jpg

Sweet corn too...
null_zpsee7c37dd.jpg

Everything off
null_zpsea94e607.jpg

Plated, corn was smeared with a chipotle, onion, garlic, s/p, thyme butter..

null_zps0f024bd2.jpg

I was not hopeful but the ribs were awesome flavor and texture...

Back