WEBR goes private - breaking news

for some S&G's (sheets & giggles), enjoy reading the 2021 WEBR Annual Report.

If i had to place a bet on a sale of Weber down the line, I could see Newell Brands being the acquirer. There's some connection of the Weber-go-public-team, and Newell and its previous company Jarden. Of note, many members of the Weber Board of Directors are BDT partners/members/leadership so this BDT deal is quite clear how it came to be.

And we'll see if June gets spun out from Weber or fire-saled after Weber strips the Weber Connect technology from June.

Like I indicated I TRULY hope I am wrong here. But, given the current climate of things now I'm sticking by my original thought(s). Again, not to be argumentive or negative. If I am wrong no one will be happier than me
i don't see any arguments here. just a discussion of the topic and ideas. nothing more. no one here gets a gold star and an orange slice "for being right."

Last edited:
I never got the June deal to be honest selling $900 and up ovens it was probably always going to be a niche product but that was on Jim Stephen who made that deal. I don't know what they paid for it whatever it was if all they were after was the software which by the way June did software for indoor products not grills outside subject to the wind and weather, larger temperature fluctuations but they were already working with Weber so why buy them.

I agree with Brett on the product line it needs to be thinned and I am sure it will be. I don't see anyone aquiring them for a long time the debt load is way to high for a company losing this much money. Its kind of a lousy business right now and probably is at least a year from starting to turn around, don't see Cook as any better but they have a much smaller footprint and basically only have to worry about pellet grills and nothing else.

I guess its kind of shocking how much cash they were burning and how quickly, they are fortunate BDT was kind of stuck and has resources because its obvious without them they were Chapter 11.

I bought some stock a few weeks after the IPO. At the arranged sale price, I’ll lose enough to have paid for a nice new grill or smoker.

Lesson learned. Mutual funds tend to do great for me, but when I get “smart“ and buy an individual stock it is doomed to failure.

June was purchased solely for the software for Weber Connect. Who knows why they purchased.

I bought some stock a few weeks after the IPO. At the arranged sale price, I’ll lose enough to have paid for a nice new grill or smoker.

Lesson learned. Mutual funds tend to do great for me, but when I get “smart“ and buy an individual stock it is doomed to failure.
Regarding stocks and funds, this sounds exactly like me.

Back