Weber Summit Kamado - Week Night Pork Tenderloin

John K BBQ

TVWBB All-Star
I'm still learning the ropes around my Weber Summit Kamado. I think I've got the hang of high heat direct searing and my last couple of cooks have been direct, but with charcoal grate in the lower position. A couple nights ago I did some "thick burgers that way and really enjoyed the results. Got to a perfect medium on 1.25" thick half pound burgers. I just spread a lit chimney of hot coals on the bottom grate between the Weber charcoal baskets, and cooked with the lid down with bottom vents wide open and top about 1/3 to 1/2 open. Temp stayed steady at 400 to 450, with no flare ups, and great flavor.

Here's a couple of pork tenderloin pics from tonight. Same method but put the coals in the Weber baskets and moved one to each side and cooked the tenderloins in the indirect center with the lid close (bottom wide open, top about 1/2 open until they were about 120 and then cooked directly of the baskets to get a little more color. Looking forward to trying some chicken halves with a similar method, but that'll probably be a Weekend cook. Leaning towards using the methods described in the first paragraph so I've got a bigger coal bed and better chance for crispy skin/good color. Sorry no "finished pics" on the pork tenderloin, it's a week night so just a few more distractions...

1663635570517.png

1663635621580.png

Looks great!! If you want some searing power, put the charcoal grate on the upper level. Coals off to one side. Creates a "Sns" type environment where you can sear DIRECTLY over the coals, then move over the "cool" side to finish. It's my go-to grilling setup.

I'm still learning the ropes around my Weber Summit Kamado. I think I've got the hang of high heat direct searing and my last couple of cooks have been direct, but with charcoal grate in the lower position. A couple nights ago I did some "thick burgers that way and really enjoyed the results. Got to a perfect medium on 1.25" thick half pound burgers. I just spread a lit chimney of hot coals on the bottom grate between the Weber charcoal baskets, and cooked with the lid down with bottom vents wide open and top about 1/3 to 1/2 open. Temp stayed steady at 400 to 450, with no flare ups, and great flavor.

Here's a couple of pork tenderloin pics from tonight. Same method but put the coals in the Weber baskets and moved one to each side and cooked the tenderloins in the indirect center with the lid close (bottom wide open, top about 1/2 open until they were about 120 and then cooked directly of the baskets to get a little more color. Looking forward to trying some chicken halves with a similar method, but that'll probably be a Weekend cook. Leaning towards using the methods described in the first paragraph so I've got a bigger coal bed and better chance for crispy skin/good color. Sorry no "finished pics" on the pork tenderloin, it's a week night so just a few more distractions...

View attachment 59780

View attachment 59781
Underrated cut of meat, love pork tenderloins.

Seasoned with this MCCormick Himalayan Pink Salt with Black Pepper & Garlic (Fancy SPG). I might like it a little better vs Lowry's with Black pepper. If you're running low on a your favorite premixed/premade SPG, maybe give this one a try...

I have used the premarinated a lot over the years for a quick dinner after work, 450 in the convection oven for 45 minutes , like to do them on the grill with just about any seasoning when I have time, something green and some type of tater even though I don't need it is easy. pu some instant taters with chicken broth just for the heck of it, more stuff I aint supposed to eat lol

Back