Weber Summit Charcoal Rotisserie

John_NJ

TVWBB Wizard
Anyone have a rotisserie for their Summit Charcoal/ Kamado?

I have a quote from Europe for one, around $350 total.

Thinking about getting it and wanted to see if anyone else is running one.

Thanks in advance

IMG_6538.jpeg

i don't but that seams really expensive. i think i'm too cheap to spend that just for roto.

why not ask a bout a group buy and see if they'd lower the price. maybe 6 units? i'm sure a bunch of peeps here might be interested if the price were more reasonable. just thinking out loud.

so i checked Weber's 22" roto price and it's $235 USD. So maybe you price isn't so ridiculous!?!?!?!

Still seems like a lot to me; basically a metal ring, spear, motor and some adjustable locking forks.

Last edited:
Anyone have a rotisserie for their Summit Charcoal/ Kamado?

I have a quote from Europe for one, around $350 total.

Thinking about getting it and wanted to see if anyone else is running one.

Thanks in advance

View attachment 76387

There are a few that have it posting on the FB summit group.

Price is a couple hundred more than I would prefer to spend.

We have an 18" Joe-tisserie for our BGE, paid $170 for it in 2020 (EDIT: that same roto is now $226). What can I say? It does what it's supposed to do, doesn't leak air. It seems like I saw a review on YT that compared it to other rotos and it wasn't reviewed as favorably as some others, but it works for me. Anyway, would not a 24" Joe-tisserie work on a WSC/K?

i don't but that seams really expensive. i think i'm too cheap to spend that just for roto.

why not ask a bout a group buy and see if they'd lower the price. maybe 6 units? i'm sure a bunch of peeps here might be interested if the price were more reasonable. just thinking out loud.
So I asked as I always do, and the bbq lady was very responsive.
IMG_6547.jpeg

Since I am committed to not spending $US on Chinese made products unless absolutely necessary, I am considering asking if I can purchase the ring made in the Netherlands and sourcing the motor and spindle from somewhere else.

I have a rotisserie for the Genesis 1000 I would probably be able to rig up that motor and get the spindle fabbed up or buy something used.

Feasible?

Last edited:
We have an 18" Joe-tisserie for our BGE, paid $170 for it in 2020 (EDIT: that same roto is now $226). What can I say? It does what it's supposed to do, doesn't leak air. It seems like I saw a review on YT that compared it to other rotos and it wasn't reviewed as favorably as some others, but it works for me. Anyway, would not a 24" Joe-tisserie work on a WSC/K?
It will with modification, that’s what I did. It’s about $280 now though. You just have to grind the back 1/3rd of the bottom lip until the lid will close.

I have a rotisserie for the Genesis 1000 I would probably be able to rig up that motor and get the spindle fabbed up or buy something used.

Feasible?
The difference in spit rods is mainly in where the bearing journals are located. This image is from OneGrill.com and I think, if you measure carefully, you should be able to find something workable. Of course, if you have a spit rod already that doesn't have a journal in the right location, you can grind a journal by hand or have someone with a lathe turn it down for you.

1691546730464.png

Some of the motor mounting arrangements are unique...the Joe-tisserie is unique, and I have another roto on one of the gassers that mounts horizontally that I think is unique, too. You would have to look at the part that the motor attaches to and see if you think your existing motor will work, and if not, well, then it's time for Plan B.

The difference in spit rods is mainly in where the bearing journals are located. This image is from OneGrill.com and I think, if you measure carefully, you should be able to find something workable. Of course, if you have a spit rod already that doesn't have a journal in the right location, you can grind a journal by hand or have someone with a lathe turn it down for you.

View attachment 76526

Some of the motor mounting arrangements are unique...the Joe-tisserie is unique, and I have another roto on one of the gassers that mounts horizontally that I think is unique, too. You would have to look at the part that the motor attaches to and see if you think your existing motor will work, and if not, well, then it's time for Plan B.
Ed,

Thank you for the information.

I found a video on YouTube of the spit on fire and it is probably more of a job than I am willing to take on at the moment.

So I’ll keep looking.

Cheers

Around six(6) months ago I purchased a new 22”Weber Master Touch mainly for my Cajun Bandit Rotisserie cooks as pictured in the photos sits along side my Weber Performer Deluxe. Of note; the Rotisserie Motor provided by OneGrill.com is manufactured by the Taiwan Chinese which are the “good guys”;)

Attachments

• 7467C6FA-9801-453E-842A-2C1B02034557.jpeg
    7467C6FA-9801-453E-842A-2C1B02034557.jpeg
    171.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 483852F7-FBE3-4AE8-9F8D-E9C138177C73.jpeg
    483852F7-FBE3-4AE8-9F8D-E9C138177C73.jpeg
    223.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
The video I posted previously shows how the motor supports the end of the spit on the Joe, and the cast motor bracket supports the motor and spit. That's different from the way a typical roti works, where the spit is supported independenly from the motor. From looking at the barbecue lady pics, it looks like they use the same arrangement, which may limit motor selection. The motor on my 18"Joetisserie is different from the other 3 roti motors I have.

so i checked Weber's 22" roto price and it's $235 USD. So maybe you price isn't so ridiculous!?!?!?!

Still seems like a lot to me; basically a metal ring, spear, motor and some adjustable locking forks.

Waaaay back in the day, when someone complained about the cost of replacing a light bulb, my grandfather's response was, "You're right, why you go out and make one?"

So, yeah, I agree, but unless you can make one . . .

BD

Waaaay back in the day, when someone complained about the cost of replacing a light bulb, my grandfather's response was, "You're right, why you go out and make one?"

So, yeah, I agree, but unless you can make one . . .

BD
I didn’t complain. I don’t see the value for me. Big difference. Spend money how you see fit. It doesn’t bother me one bit. It’s not my money. I’m a value buyer. If something has value to me I’ll find the price I want to pay.

Last edited:

Back