Weber Spirit Special Edition 4420201

That grill should have came with SS flavor bars. Don't waste your money buying new ones. Just scrap them well with a grill brush. No point in getting it show room clean if you plan on cooking on it.

If you feel like you need to do a deep clean on them, then buy a cheap angle grinder and wire wheel and hit them with that.

That grill should have came with SS flavor bars. Don't waste your money buying new ones. Just scrap them well with a grill brush. No point in getting it show room clean if you plan on cooking on it.

If you feel like you need to do a deep clean on them, then buy a cheap angle grinder and wire wheel and hit them with that.
That’s what I was hoping to find but I have scrubbed these things, (and the grates) let them soak in vinegar and baking soda, and what you see is the best I could get.
I did just find a listing for it here. https://www.designerappliances.com/weber-4420201.html

And while it might not be accurate, it does say porcelain enameled in the specs.

They do look like SS. But the 2011 & 2012 catalogs Chris A. has posted both state all the 2011-2012 Spirits had porcelain enamel FBs. The previous owner probably swapped in the SS ones, though I suppose it could have been a running change in production.

I agree with jon on replacing parts as well as dealing with the bolt on the manifold.

That’s what I was hoping to find but I have scrubbed these things, (and the grates) let them soak in vinegar and baking soda, and what you see is the best I could get.
I did just find a listing for it here. https://www.designerappliances.com/weber-4420201.html

And while it might not be accurate, it does say porcelain enameled in the specs.

If they were porcelain enamel they would be flaking and falling apart. They literally start to crumble after a while.
Don't worry about trying to get them shiny.

That's a steal for $30! Just keep up with the cabinet and you'll be set for many years (might even be your last grill unless Weberitis kicks in lol)!

If they were porcelain enamel they would be flaking and falling apart. They literally start to crumble after a while.
Don't worry about trying to get them shiny.
Not flaking and still strong. When I clean them though they it looks like green and brown color washes off. Not sure if the green is normal.
I did order a new set today from Amazon warehouse because they were cheap. Maybe I don’t need them.... but I also didn’t really need a new temp gauge, but it looks better.

Can anyone recommend a good cover? The Weber one seems really expensive, and dimensions seem bigger then I need. I ordered one from Amazon, an Amazon Basics brand one that was supposed to be waterproof. We had a lot of rain last night and after checking the grill, there was some water under the cover, on the top of the grill.

Michael, it could very well be that your grill cover is NOT water proof, but keep in mind that many covers trap condensation inside of them. When you have a rain and the ambient air is full of water (humidity), it is inside the cover. Then when the temps drop the moisture in that air condenses out and you have a situation like you found last night. Or, your cover might just leak. :)

I would try to find one that has good venting on it and one that does not go all the way to the ground. I think Larry Michaels posted up one a month or so ago for a really good price.

Michael, it could very well be that your grill cover is NOT water proof, but keep in mind that many covers trap condensation inside of them. When you have a rain and the ambient air is full of water (humidity), it is inside the cover. Then when the temps drop the moisture in that air condenses out and you have a situation like you found last night. Or, your cover might just leak. :)

I would try to find one that has good venting on it and one that does not go all the way to the ground. I think Larry Michaels posted up one a month or so ago for a really good price.
Thanks. The one I got checked all those boxes, so maybe it was just condensation. I will have to keep an eye on it.

Michael: Even if it was just condensation, it is probably worse that one that leaks. That grill will heat up all day long and then cool off at night and moisture will condense under the cover trapping the moisture. That will be a regular thing and one that will lead to rust faster than the occasional rain getting in it. Leaking or condensation is not good either way.

Michael: Even if it was just condensation, it is probably worse that one that leaks. That grill will heat up all day long and then cool off at night and moisture will condense under the cover trapping the moisture. That will be a regular thing and one that will lead to rust faster than the occasional rain getting in it. Leaking or condensation is not good either way.
Thanks. I need to do some more testing on it I think. It wasn’t easy to lift off, and I could have sworn I was careful to not get water from the outside of the cover on the grill, but that is also a possibility. The entire grill wasn’t wet, so I will make sure it’s dry and spray it with a hose later (with the cover on) and see what happens.
This is the one I bought and used.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072B9FQD6/?tag=tvwb-20

We’re the warming racks ever stainless steel or just plated? I might try harder to clean the one that came with it if it could be stainless. It just looked like it had some rust on it and new ones were pretty cheap. New ones say plated though and people mention they don’t last.

Re the cover: I second what Bruce and Larry have said. Depending on where you live in Texas, trapping humidity and condensation is likely your biggest issue most of the year. Just leave it uncovered. If you can keep it under an eave of the house, or something similar, even better; that will keep the dew off of it.

Re the warming racks: The Weber racks are plated and will rust. I don't think they were ever SS. Don't store them in your grill. Store them in your house and only put them in your grill as needed. There is a company that sells a SS version of the flat rack on Amazon. It's pricey. I am pro-warming rack. I use the swinging basket model that mounts to the lid for baked potatoes. Most people around here view them as a nuisance.

Back