Weber Spirit Grill

Well, I have it all cleaned up and ready to go. I did email Weber C/S and they gave me all the part numbers along with prices to buy direct. Their prices actually were not too bad and I will probably just go with them to ensure I don't have compatibility issues. There is just too much discrepancy and uncertainty with my grill when it comes to parts. I think they only made the actual model only a couple years before they made significant changes while keeping the same Spirit E210 model number.

Anyway, I am waiting for some extra cash to find my pocket before I make the order. Then all I have to do is plug in the new parts and fire it up. I will be sure to post up photos when I do.

All good. If you want to go the cheaper route, use the Weber part numbers to search on Amazon and Ebay. Most of the volume sellers are pretty good about listing correct parts.

That is the problem Dave, I cannot cross reference any of the Part numbers that Weber gave me with online aftermarket sellers.
Here is what I got from Weber:
Weber%20E210%20parts_zpstkvr5dpr.jpg

That is the problem Dave, I cannot cross reference any of the Part numbers that Weber gave me with online aftermarket sellers.
Here is what I got from Weber:
Weber%20E210%20parts_zpstkvr5dpr.jpg

Looks like I stand corrected Bruce as I'm not finding much either.

Bruce, the old grate is woven wire cloth. I used to fabricate the stuff years ago. Wonder where the original owner purchased it? It ain't cheap depending on the alloy content.

Are you saying that the ORIGINAL grate is woven wire cloth or just that the one in the photo is woven wire cloth. Yah, it came with that grate, but like the custom angle iron flavorizor bars and the aluminum wrapped burners, I figured the grate was just a half baked custom job. I assumed it was just plain old steel and would be next to impossible to keep clean.

But if that is likely the Original grate, i won't bother to replace it.

Are you saying that the ORIGINAL grate is woven wire cloth or just that the one in the photo is woven wire cloth. Yah, it came with that grate, but like the custom angle iron flavorizor bars and the aluminum wrapped burners, I figured the grate was just a half baked custom job. I assumed it was just plain old steel and would be next to impossible to keep clean.

But if that is likely the Original grate, i won't bother to replace it.

No, the woven grate in your photo looks like the stuff we used to fabricate, and I seriously doubt it was made by Weber.

Do you think it would be good to continue to use with the grill. Other than being gunked up and dirty, it looks like it is probably in fairly good shape. Or would it be advisable to go with a new factory grate as long as I will be replacing the other components with factory???

Did your fabbed grates work out good for you when you were doing it?

Do you think it would be good to continue to use with the grill. Other than being gunked up and dirty, it looks like it is probably in fairly good shape. Or would it be advisable to go with a new factory grate as long as I will be replacing the other components with factory???

Did your fabbed grates work out good for you when you were doing it?

I apologize, Bruce, but it sounds like I misled you. The company I worked for made and fabricated wire cloth for industrial and commercial purposes only. I don't recall ever fabricating square mesh (or any other shape mesh) for grilling purposes. Wire cloth can be made out of many metal alloys and even plain carbon steel. Just looking at your grate appears it may be woven from stainless steel (304 / 316), or some type of alloy.

Have you checked it with a magnet? A magnet won't attach to stainless steel or any other alloy with a low carbon content.

As far as using it for a grilling surface? I really don't know what to say except that stainless should be fine, and many of Weber's charcoal grills are made out of coated (nickle, chrome?) carbon steel, and some stainless too. Not sure what metals Weber uses for gas-fired grills. Probably porcelain-coated carbon steel or cast iron.

Wish I could be more help, but I am not metallurgist, unfortunately.

Last edited:
No problem Rusty. Thanks for the information. I just checked and it has a good deal of "magnetism" to it. So, I am guessing it is basic steel and probably not a good material for a grill grate. No matter, I think it would be best to put a factory grate back in it to keep it looking and working as it should.

No problem Rusty. Thanks for the information. I just checked and it has a good deal of "magnetism" to it. So, I am guessing it is basic steel and probably not a good material for a grill grate. No matter, I think it would be best to put a factory grate back in it to keep it looking and working as it should.

You're welcome.

I think I'd rather have the original grill grates too, but that heavy mesh could come in handy for a killer charcoal grate one day! That thing would never rust out, lol.

Back