Weber Slate Griddle

I am home now and did measurements. Good news I guess…..with both tables up I am 1 inch too long…..this would still work.
With the table down and for cover on not in use there is plenty of room.
Measuring the other way is a tight fit but just squish the E6 over a tad and there is enough room to get cooking.
Looks like I am in the good for getting one……crushing numbers puts me about here…it’s an investment I guess….
Griddle with tax to my door. 960
Custom cover my bud makes about 150
An extra propane tank new about 80 or so…..
Puts me about 1200 deep….the MRS still says she wants one…..she keeps talking about making breakfasts and such.
It would be nice to get her on board with it and she can cook me some good food too!

Getting custom covers made for the performer and the E6 at the same time…..the Weber ones are now no longer waterproof.
Wet underneath after rain makes me angry.
So another 300 or so for the other 2 covers……
Think I am gonna spring……I live in my back yard during the warm months…..
Might wait and order from work tomorrow morning…….just in case the buyers remorse sets in.

The new rust resistant slate is appealing to me. I want to see how they hold up.
I’m more or less out of room as well but my wife thinks we should get one.

Last edited:
I did not read the manual as I don't own one. And I only had come across the video test accidentally. Not because of "looking" for it. It simply popped up in my YouTube feed so I watched it. And since I have no aspersions of ever owning one, no reason to go searching for it.

I’m ordering tomorrow for sure…..don’t worry I will be the first to let you know…..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Going to pick up the griddle tool set, the lid for steaming and probably a couple new heat gloves….
It’s going to be a bit of bread but it really seems like it is going to hold up for a while.
The old boy is going to be a bit jealous I think when this arrives.
Once it makes it I will see if the conversion over to natural gas is easily obtained…..
I know nothing of that but I believe there is a bunch of folks round here that can steer me in the right direction.

I’m ordering tomorrow for sure…..don’t worry I will be the first to let you know…..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Going to pick up the griddle tool set, the lid for steaming and probably a couple new heat gloves….
It’s going to be a bit of bread but it really seems like it is going to hold up for a while.
The old boy is going to be a bit jealous I think when this arrives.
Once it makes it I will see if the conversion over to natural gas is easily obtained…..
I know nothing of that but I believe there is a bunch of folks round here that can steer me in the right direction.
Congratulations. Re NG doesn't Weber make this in NG out of the box or plan to? Would be a bit surprising if they didn't.

This is probably a good product and I’m sure you will be happy with it Darryl.
Flat tops are not too complicated so there really isn’t much to go wrong with them I would think.

That said, I’m a little confused with what I read though and have a few questions.
These questions are not directed at anyone in particular and maybe I read this wrong.

So this is a mild steel flat top that needs to be seasoned every few cooks?
Am I reading that correct?
Why on earth would you need to season it every few cooks?
Doesn’t cooking and cleaning season it?
Also is there a new kind of mild steel that is rust resistant that hasn’t been plated by something?
This would be news to me.
So is this plated or is this raw steel?
If it’s plated I would consider that a failure point.

I live in a salt water marine environment and have had to take some precautions like having my entrance gate powder coated and simple rust precautions around our place.
In this harsh environment my Blackstone doesn’t rust but I clean it.
I’m not even overly anal about cleaning it.
I sometimes wait a day or two to clean it if I’m cooking late or just being lazy.

Please read the manual if you want your questions answered why is this so hard forget YouTube with someone saying it might be or is porcelain coated its not so obviously the YouTube person had no clue did not bother to do simple research like read the manual.

Please read the manual if you want your questions answered why is this so hard forget YouTube with someone saying it might be or is porcelain coated its not so obviously the YouTube person had no clue did not bother to do simple research like read the manual.
Not sure who you're directing this to? If me............I could care less about this product and the only "point" I'd related I'd stumbled on to accidentally.

I will share all the details in a few weeks here…. Sure it will work out well.
The cook top isn’t coated….just processed differently.
Seriously going to wash it then season it right away….should be good to go after that.

I will share all the details in a few weeks here…. Sure it will work out well.
The cook top isn’t coated….just processed differently.
Seriously going to wash it then season it right away….should be good to go after that.
Well as said earlier. Congratulations and I TRULY hope you enjoy it for a very long time. It does look like a nice piece and looks way better built than the first attempt Weber made on doing one.

Just having some delivery issues I need to resolve.
Also noticed this one, the only one available to me ( things are way slower up past the boarder ) is the most base model.....
It doesn't even come with front doors on the shelving section....
It is indeed the most base model available and the one accessory I wanted is not available yet.
Should have this straightened out hopefully in a couple of hours.
I don't think the base model will change my or the MRS mind.......just have to make sure as she was really excited about it last night.
Calling it her new toy and all that.....she says she is sure she thinks she can start it and run it.....then points at the performer and the E6 and says " not those things "...made me chuckle.

Last edited:
Alright all ordered up with some other essentials....
Will keep you folks updated with the building process and anything else one would want to know before purchasing.
I was $50 shy of the free delivery but they really do cater to their online clients.....myself....I have spent a ton of money there......
This was one of those buy what you think is a quality product ----- buy once cry once ----- moments.
Although it cost me less than my E6 did when they first came out it still seems expensive.
Pre covid E6 price is best price..............

Shipping on all my stuff and the grill is apparently 140 pounds............the deal is pretty sweet.

1717011338931.png

1717010648282.png

This is the only thing that kept running through my head. It was getting close to double the price of a Blackstone.
But in my looking around I see products such as the Halo and the new Flatrock......both seem to be as much money or more.......
Leaving the Blackstone as what would appear to be one of the more affordable options out there....

Also upon looking more I see the left side table...which I also think is the only one that folds down ( propane tank is mounted on the right side ) that does indeed fold down. This probably leaves me with enough room to store the 3 grills on the deck.
I might have to move them around from time to time but it may just work out.

Still hoping to hear form people here who own one.....I read a lot of positive things but in reality it is still very new.

View attachment 92092

View attachment 92093
If you have a nice patio or deck get a good size grill mat. You'll be surprised on the amount of grease that shoots all over the place.
I have a 5' x 8' and I have a small tabletop griddle.

I didn't see anyone else post up.....am I the first one to get one?
I think you are lot of weight on your shoulders. :)

You know what's funny just remembered when this was first announced had my oldest daughter with my grandchild over brought it up at dinner she was very excited hey we can do hibatchi with steak, shrimp, fried rice like the place we go to once in awhile which like anything else a bit out of control on the price. She could care less about the eggs and hash browns or smash burgers you could do on it which I was, wife did not seem very excited about it but please post pics of the cooks will show them to her see if she bites that would be her domain. I am like I stated the charcoal guy.

I do have to admit though trying to be honest if the were to blowout the old model for 300 bucks I get the wind deal but the rest of the grill seemed solid and where I would be putting it would not be a problem with the wind its covered space. You made the right decision the wife gave you the go ahead so you made the right decision. The best part is she is excited and will probably do most of the cooking on it a big win for you more time with the Performer and the WSK.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words.....

I was looking hard at the older model, it possibly didn't hold up much of the market share and they probably had to address the things it was missing. From my point of view the new hinged lid is a real big plus, and of course the build on it that keeps wind at bay.........
The massive side tables are a really big win for me......when I used the old mans Blackstone, it wasn't even wide enough to hold a cook sheet on it without hanging over the side a bit.....more usable space makes things better.
Also the high heat carbon cooktop was a huge win for me too......
This is how it is put by Weber

1717016051884.png

I purchased some lube to get it seasoned anyways......I mean why wouldn't I wash it from the factory and then season it up 2 or 3 times right?
Looking for that non stick goodness.

To me the 36" is a monster and I had thoughts of sizes like the 24 and 28 being too small.....so 30 hopefully fits the bill.
It seems weird buying it without seeing one in person first.....but it will be some time before I see one around my neck of the woods.
I took the uber base model.....kind of sucks no doors on the bottom cabinet but I think I am going to have a weatherproof storage bin for all the tools underneath on a shelf anyways.......They make one for this griddle but like I said before no supply on the accessories up here yet.

Attachments

• 1717015895204.png
    1717015895204.png
    21.7 KB · Views: 3
At least one person has a slate. He bought a searwood and Slate.

I’m keeping an eye on that 36” model. A couple videos make it look like a lot of fun.
I’m trying to sell the wife on Benihana in the back yard. We just dropped $300 at Benihana on Saturday so **** if you cooked 3 times all out like that it’s practically free.
😁(BBQ logic)

The bbq logic doesn't go far at my place....I try....I use the same points you make but then it gets used back against me some how or another....:unsure:

I thought I did see one fella chatting about getting the new Searwood and the new Slate but I couldn't be sure.

No tracking info sent yet but based on previous purchases from the same seller I would consider Monday being my delivery date.....probably not tomorrow.

Back