Weber Skyline Two Burner

It really depends on the image. @DanJC really knows how to take a good picture so I didn't have to de-skew it and the image is nearly ideal with a lot of contrast between foreground and background. I took the windows out because I didn't think the extra detail would add anything to the project if I were using redwood like my previous carving (my half-idea is to carve all the other emblems/graphics...Platinum Series, Platinum II Series, Weber Genesis Silver, etc...and hang them in a stack with brass screw-eyes and a bit of brass chain between them. Then I could add to it as it grows.)

I made the Boba Fett sign for my grandson and my wife made such a big deal about it that I made her one. I used a stencil on poplar to try and make the detail painting a little easier for me but the contrast between the stencil and the light background really made it pop and my daughter got so enthusiastic about it I had a hard time explaining to her what it was. I have the remains of a fence picket that is just about the right size for the Skyline emblem so I took the windows out, but if I were going to carve it in poplar and paint the details then I would leave them in.

Jon, it would be pointless to sell one of these...it would be like buying a grill for $25, rehabbing it and selling it for $27.50. I'd rather just give them as gifts, not saying that I will give you one, but I know it would mean a lot to you and that would make me happy, so who knows? It would definitely be unfinished...I just don't have the patience for finishing wood.

EDIT: I textured the background on the Weber logo, just like the original, with the idea of painting the background, but the redwood looks so pretty I dunno...
Design needs the windows.

Back