Weber Silver B frame painting

MikeAlt

TVWBB Member
Painting my silver B frame, would you take apart frame, frame comes apart in three pieces?
I plan on using some Eastwood rust encapsulator then rustoleum high heat then rustoleum
semi gloss paint. Would you sand the whole frame or just the small rust spots only?

I’d sand the rust fairly aggressively before treatment, then sand the rest lightly (like 300-400 grit) so the new paint has some tooth. High heat paint is good, but will not keep the semi-gloss from reacting to the heat near the firebox. Rustoleum does make a semi-gloss high heat.

I would only clean up areas that have rust. The paint that is currently on the grill is better than any spray paint and if it is still in good shape, I would leave it alone.

Taking apart the frame will let you spray a rust converter into the insides of the tube frames. If you want to go all out Eastwood makes an extension hose to attach to their rust encapsulater spray that will let you reach way into the tubing.

I agree with Andrew that you should look for Rustoleum - or Krylon - semi-gloss high heat for the upper frame parts that are close to the firebox. You can use regular semi-gloss on the frame legs.

Back