Weber Rib Rack

Bob T.

TVWBB Wizard
I was looking at this item so I can get more ribs done.
icon_biggrin.gif
I was reading the reviews on Amazon (I read your review there Chris) and have a question, Is this item helpful with Spareribs? I read that this rack can be a tight fit with B-Back's, it would be that much tighter with the spares. Anyone use this for spareribs? I would love to get 4 racks of spares done. (So would the family).

I had already done the search route and read those post, but was asking anyways in case something new or better may have been found since then. Thanks for the looking it up for me though Mmmmm, ribs!
icon_wink.gif

Bob,

I have both the Weber and the Char-Broil Rib Racks and use them both when doing ribs. You can easily fit 3 racks in the CharBroil and another two in the Weber.

On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the greatest rib rack in the world, I rate both of these about low 8's.

I don't like the angle on the Weber or it's capacity, and I don't like the difficulty of cleanup on the CharBroil.

But they will get the job done for you until that perfect rib rack comes along.

I looked at the Weber product, but ended up buying the Weber Roast Holder instead. It performs both functions very well. The ribs are much easier to remove from the roast holder (have you ever lost some bark to the rib racks?). You can fit about 8-10 1/2 racks of spares in the roast holder. Much easier to clean, too.

I like the looks of that one. Stainless. They are $35. Thanks for the link.
I thought I had the problem solved when I looked at the Wife's good roasting pan and saw the rack used in it. The light went on in the head as I took it down to the smoker to size it up. The light went back off......it's to big!

Jay, I saw the Weber Roast Rack and am thinking of getting that versus the rib racks. It looks like it could hold nine 1/2 racks in the rack and two propped on the sides. Do you have any problems fitting a 1/2 rack of spares/babies in the rack? Is it wide enough? Do you get too much heat on the ends of the rack since they are at the edge of the WSM?

I like the versatility since I can use the holder to invert a turkey if I cook it on the gasser.

Ron

Forgot, the one I use is not a Weber. My brother has that now- it has a bar running through the '\/' that makes it poorly suited to be flipped over.

However, go to a dollar store or close-out store and you can get a roast rack with no bar down the middle for cheap - I got mine for $3.99 at Marshalls. Very efficient multitasker.

Back