Weber Q2000 Craiglist Score!

MichaelD

TVWBB Fan
I'm always snooping craigslist for Weber gear. This past weekend I scored a Q2000 with a cart, cover and adapter to 20# tank hose. All for a cool $20! The craigslist posting mentioned only half of the burner igniting. I think the issue was a combination of burner holes being plugged and the known issue of the adapter hose not getting along too well with the Q's regulator.

The cover.

A little oven cleaner and scraped with a plastic putty knife. I used a paper clip to clear a few of the burner holes.

I tossed the Q grate onto my SS Spirit for a while and burnt off all of the gunk that was on it (its already been cleaned in this picture).

Its really a wonder how the Q heats up so quickly with what looks like very little flame on high heat. I don't think the Q would work as well as it does without with cast-iron grate that holds and emits heat so well.

Before I settled the deal on this one I was working a deal on a baby q. Seller was asking $30 for it with a cover. I offered $15 and the seller countered with $20. I didn't reply and today I get a email from them asking if I'm still willing to offer $15. I think my wife might kill me if I bring home another one.

Up next? The first cook! Pictures to come.

Michael, depending on how many you have already I'd say be careful. Remember sleeping outside isn't any fun. If Rich brings it up I just give him the look since we have 6 Webers.

two ideas for how to handle this...

1 - you won't know how mad she'll be unless you try it, maybe she thinks another grill is EXACTLY what you need.
2 - ask for forgiveness rather than permission

Michael, depending on how many you have already I'd say be careful. Remember sleeping outside isn't any fun. If Rich brings it up I just give him the look since we have 6 Webers.

I get the "look" all the time, I'm used to it now:). The only reason I only have 6 Weber's is cuz I'm out of room! But beware it appears to me you may be catching the "I can't have enough Weber's" virus which there is no known cure!

Back