Weber Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefft

TVWBB Member
Has anyone considered the Weber Q for quick and dirty grilling?

I have been essentially gas free for about 4 years now, with nothing but my Weber kettle and WSM. However, there have been some occasions where I wished I had a gas grill for one fish fillet or steak, or a handfull of hot dogs. Lately, I have been hearing about this new Weber Q, which looks perfect for my needs. A small, portable grill for the midweek dinner with the wife. Has anyone seen one of these, or have any knowledge of these. The one drawback, as far as use in the backyard, looks like the very small gas tank.

Any thoughts?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I have been essentially gas free for about 4 years now <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Jeff, could you give my husband some tips on how to accomplish that?

Sorry.... couldn't resist. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Personally, for small/quick meals, I use our Weber Jumbo Joe or Smokey Joe. Both are small, portable, and don't take many coals.

HTH,

Kelly

Jeff....

I have been using the bottom of the WSM lately for these "small" cooks. I use lump and have grates that fit inside the bottom section, so I can set them directly on the charcoal ring. This is also what I take along when hiking with the Boy Scouts(I dont actually hike with it!). Great for quick dogs and burgers.

Jeff, I took the plunge and purchased the Q for exactly the same reason you listed. I also have a kettle and a WSM. And my name is Jeff too -- kinda eerie.

Anyway, I've enjoyed the Q a lot so far. I posted a review at amazon.com if you want more details. In addition to quick weeknight meals, I'm also entertaining the idea of using the Q as a kind of double burner to compliment my weekend barbecues.

Regarding gas capacity, Weber estimates 90 minutes on a 14.1 oz. propane cylinder (which only costs about $2). There also is an accessory you can get that adapts the Q to a 20 lb. tank.

Let me know if you have any more questions about it.

The Q does not have the usual detail on Weber's website? I did not find the specs /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
Is it a two burner with 2 controls?
TIA,

Kelly..

You mention a couple of the smaller weber q's...the smokey joe, etc. Since it is obvious (to all reading this) that 4 bbq's are not enough, I have been thinking of a smokey joe...but mostly for travel...I frequently go diving and it would be nice to have a small weber for lunch or dinner.....does it travel well and can I feed my family (just 3 of us) and a few friends....also, is it large enough to use the indirect method or will I be grilling instead....John

Konrad,

the Q is a single burner, single regulator gas grill. There is basically a rectangular loop that goes around the outer portion. I've used the Q twice now and it cooks pretty evenly across the entire grilling surface. I've done sausage, shrimp, meat skewers, and potato planks and they all came out well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back