Weber Q Smoke box & trivet set alternative

ChadRex

TVWBB Super Fan
Looking for an alternative to the Weber Q Smoke box & trivet set -Part# 1500336 that is only available through Weber in AU.

I am looking for a set up that I can set under the grill grates for a low & slow smoke session, for smaller cuts of meats.
I use the foil pouch / wood chips on top the grate for regular smoke added to my direct heat cooks. looking for something that will fir under the grates like the Weber ones pictured here.

Weber Q smoke box 1.jpgWeber Q smoke box 2.jpg

Last edited:
I wish I knew the explanation for that. Seems Weber sells a lot of different parts, accessories and grills overseas compared to what they sell in the US and Canada. I don't know if they feel some things will sell better in different places or if maybe they use some markets as test markets to see if the product is something they might want to ramp up production on and sell in the USA or what the reasoning is for how they market their products.

I wish I knew the explanation for that. Seems Weber sells a lot of different parts, accessories and grills overseas compared to what they sell in the US and Canada. I don't know if they feel some things will sell better in different places or if maybe they use some markets as test markets to see if the product is something they might want to ramp up production on and sell in the USA or what the reasoning is for how they market their products.
Likely too many lawyers here for them

I called Australia Weber support & they do NOT ship to the USA.
Maybe there is a TVWBB member here from AU that would be willing to ship from AU to USA, of course I would pay entire cost plus extra for their trouble.

Last edited:
Update: Problem Solved

My wife & I reviewed our mutual contacts from when I lived in Japan in the 1990's. A couple of our friends had moved to AU from Japan.

We were able to reach out to a friend that lives in Innaloo Western Australia (a suburb of Perth)
She agreed to assist me. I was able to place the order, send it to her and she will ship it on to me. - I will just re-reimburse her the shipping costs.

I will post photos and update once I receive it. 🥳

Update: Problem Solved

My wife & I reviewed our mutual contacts from when I lived in Japan in the 1990's. A couple of our friends had moved to AU from Japan.

We were able to reach out to a friend that lives in Innaloo Western Australia (a suburb of Perth)
She agreed to assist me. I was able to place the order, send it to her and she will ship it on to me. - I will just re-reimburse her the shipping costs.

I will post photos and update once I receive it. 🥳
Well that’s determination!! I like it.
I’ll take a Q-3200+ family grill in blue.

Well that’s determination!! I like it.
I’ll take a Q-3200+ family grill in blue.
Yeah, a couple years ago I saw the newer Q designs and size ranges available in Australia.
I wish the Q2200 in USA had other color options. The tan "titanium" color shows grease easily and is not my favorite color.
It is a work horse.

Back