Weber Q 3200

Richard Garcia

TVWBB All-Star
Yesterday I received a notice from a local Costa Rican Weber Authorized Dealership that a shipment of Weber Q 3200 will be arriving here by the end of the month. I am wanting to add my first gasser to my BBQ Arsenal which now consists of a Weber Performer Deluxe, WSM 18" Classic and Weber Smoky Joe. The cost of this Weber Q will be around six hundred-fifty($650) dollars for this somewhat "old" technology Grill. So, should I buy a newer-type Weber Gasser or this Weber Q?? Your comments to this thread will be greatly appreciated. Oh, I mainly grill for the the Wife and I including our Pup "Manchas".

My reason for adding a gasser to my BBQ Arsenal is when I rather not drag-out the charcoal bag in order to have some tasty eats.

Last edited:
Pretty tough to go wrong with the Q grills for simplicity, durability and quick and easy cooks. It won't do everything really well, but it does a lot great. For any shortcomings, the rest of your grill arsenal should suffice. You could look for a regular Genesis gasser, but if a Q3200 costs $650 for you, I am sure a Genesis will run you easily over $1000. I think the Q3200 will be all you need. Also, regarding "old technology", you are getting a tried and true product that has lasted in basically its current form for decades now. There is a reason it has only had very minor changes during that time. It just works.

My Q-320 was my first Weber and I still love it to this day!! It’s simplicity is why it’s such a great grill.
I did a thorough clean a year ago and it looked brand new. It’s at least 10 years old.
While the $650 sounds crazy I guess that just part of living in such a beautiful country, you’re probably used to these up charges.

The Q320 is still my favorite Weber gasser. Heats quickly, sips propane, makes great pizza with domed lid and side vents, add cheap griddle option, no flavorizers to slow the griddle or to clean and replace, and practically rust proof.

It's hard to find fault with the Q series and that's why they have been around essentially unchanged for so long. It's a simple grill so there's not much to wear out or go wrong with it. I think you are making a good choice here.

My Q-320 was my first Weber and I still love it to this day!! It’s simplicity is why it’s such a great grill.
I did a thorough clean a year ago and it looked brand new. It’s at least 10 years old.
While the $650 sounds crazy I guess that just part of living in such a beautiful country, you’re probably used to these up charges.
Thank you and the other Forum Members for your recommendation on purchasing the Weber Q 3200. Yep, Weber Products cost a hell-of-a-lot-more due to Costa Rican Import Taxes and Shipping Costs. My Excellent Weber Performer Deluxe cost me $550 in January, 2020 which is my go-to charcoal grill. The Weber Kamodo 24" Kettle with the SS Table is selling for around $2700.00 at a local Costa Rican Weber Authorized Dealership. The Weber Kamodo Kettle without the Table is selling for around $1400.00

I mainly buy my Weber Kettle Acessories through Amazon.Com but must pay Shipping costs from Miami to Costa Rica and Costa Rica Import Taxes which I have been doing since my retirement to Costa Rica from Redondo Beach, CA in the year 2000.

My experience with the Weber Brand and their Customer Service has been very good even from this long distance. Life-is-Good!

Last edited:
Stopped-by one of our Costa Rican Weber Authorized Dealership this afternoon and they have one new WeberQ 3200 on Display and my procrastination will cost me another fifty(50) Dollars as this display model now sells for seven hundred(700) dollars and it is not even in the box. This is the only WeberQ 3200 in their present inventory.

Question, do you consider WeberQ's on display as new?? However, now that I think about it I bought a Display Weber Performer Deluxe here in Costa Rica around two(2) years ago and it has given me ZERO Problems.

Stopped-by one of our Costa Rican Weber Authorized Dealership this afternoon and they have one new WeberQ 3200 on Display and my procrastination will cost me another fifty(50) Dollars as this display model now sells for seven hundred(700) dollars and it is not even in the box.

Question, do you consider Weber Kettles on display as new?? However, now that I think about it II bought my Weber Performer Deluxe here in Costa Rica around two(2) years ago and it has given me ZERO Problems.
New and full price - Never been cooked on and has the warranty. - In this case an Open Box. Should get a few $$ off.
New and discounted price from second had seller. Never been cooked on - may not have warranty.

New and full price - Never been cooked on and has the warranty. - In this case an Open Box. Should get a few $$ off.
New and discounted price from second had seller. Never been cooked on - may not have warranty.
Joe; Thanx for the reply and I did ask for a discounted price on their Display WeberQ3200 and her reply was "NO WAY JOSE":(

Just make sure there are no missing screws and accessories. As a heads up, I bought a
floor model Genesis E310 and decided to replace all the screws with stainless steel ones so they wouldn’t rust. About 6 of them were cross threaded when they installed them and I couldn’t get them out because the inserts they threaded into just spun around. I returned the grill the next day! The manager gave me a S330 NIB with the sear burner and side burner for the same money. Nice customer service! 🙂

Just make sure there are no missing screws and accessories. As a heads up, I bought a
floor model Genesis E310 and decided to replace all the screws with stainless steel ones so they wouldn’t rust. About 6 of them were cross threaded when they installed them and I couldn’t get them out because the inserts they threaded into just spun around. I returned the grill the next day! The manager gave me a S330 NIB with the sear burner and side burner for the same money. Nice customer service! 🙂
What store was that?

Small local hardware store chain here in Nova Scotia called Piercey’s that got bought out buy national chain Rona a few years ago.

Back