Weber Q 2800N. Flame Red

Hey @Bruce I was just talking to a friend of mine who just purchased Genesis 240 LX which is the small ish 2 burner grills I have that I love. I told him I was on the lookout for a q2800n and he said that he used to own a Q series Weber but didn't like it because of constant flare-ups. Curious do you find this an issue?

Or anyone else that can answer this?

Hmmm, No problem for me. Sure, if you throw six 73% fat burgers on there and run it at full temp, your going to get flare ups. Otherwise nothing serious in all my cooks and years of grilling on Q grills. Every time I have had a flare up, I would simply turn off the burners and leave the lid down and it would die down quickly. But flare ups on a Q grill are not something that I would consider a problem vs a regular Genesis..

Hmmm, No problem for me. Sure, if you throw six 73% fat burgers on there and run it at full temp, your going to get flare ups. Otherwise nothing serious in all my cooks and years of grilling on Q grills. Every time I have had a flare up, I would simply turn off the burners and leave the lid down and it would die down quickly. But flare ups on a Q grill are not something that I would consider a problem vs a regular Genesis..
Okay thank you Bruce

Wife and daughters out doing stuff tonight. What to do for dinner with my son?
Fire up the 2800. Too much grill for two, but why not.
I’m loving the middle burners. On my 1200, the center section would lag way behind on cooks. Now, nice sear marks (had both burners just above middle. Around 500 deg).
It would’ve been fine for just 2 people, but I’m thinking of cooks for all family and some friends when I need the entire grill space.
Didn’t know we had no buns so had to improvise 😆

1726961555905.jpeg
1726961555978.jpeg
1726961569750.jpeg

Back