Weber Platypus!

Jake-CA

Got it last night here in Socal! 50 bucks and bought new grates! This thing is so unique to me haha!

This is my second kettle now. Excited to be apart of this group!

Attachments

• 20240405_011826.jpg
    20240405_011826.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 20240405_112829.jpg
    20240405_112829.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 18
Jake,..this is awesome! I have one! Bought it new years ago when it 1st came out. I love the tables on both sides!
Now I am at the point where I have to replace the bowl, because I have used it so much as my primary grill despite
having a performer. You will love this, it is great with both the side tables very handy! I wish I could get another one!
Great grilling to you!

Jake,..this is awesome! I have one! Bought it new years ago when it 1st came out. I love the tables on both sides!
Now I am at the point where I have to replace the bowl, because I have used it so much as my primary grill despite
having a performer. You will love this, it is great with both the side tables very handy! I wish I could get another one!
Great grilling to you!
Right on Regina! It's so unique tbh! So glad you mentioned replacing the bowl! Can you buy any kettle to replace it ? How hard is it? I read on forums you can actually fit an 26 in bowl as well.

Right on Regina! It's so unique tbh! So glad you mentioned replacing the bowl! Can you buy any kettle to replace it ? How hard is it? I read on forums you can actually fit an 26 in bowl as well.
I purchased a 22inch from Weber. I never had the chance to replace it, so I never even opened the box! I don't think I personally would replace it with a 26 inch, only because I don't need that bog of a grill. If I need the extra space, I would add my Performer to the cook.
Also I actually really like how the lid slides off for grilling compared to the Performer.

Last edited:
Just not into it ?
Well, I’ve got the Overperformer shown in my avatar and a dedicated rotisserie kettle, for the most part it just sits by the garage looking neglected. I’d prefer someone use the thing. Once I get it all cleaned up I think I’ll need $125.00 for it. Cleaning will start next week when it warms up a bit!

Back