Weber Performer in Marietta, GA 50.00

Keith (cadawg)

TVWBB Member
Saw this performer on Craigslist.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/fuo/4474885963.html

Saw the ad about 15 minutes, after it was posted. Was about an hours drive from me, but certainly worth it! Took a tarp with me, and it rode home in the back of my 2010 corvette, hatch open! Will spend some time cleaning it, and will post some photos!.

I don't know much about grilling with charcoal, as this is the first charcoal grill, I've ever had. And the first time I grill with it, will be the first time I've ever grilled on a charcoal grill! So I will need to do some research, and try and find a owners manual, on-line.

I don't know if this is the Gold, Platinum or Silver model Performer, so if one of my fellow :) Performer owners could chime in, and let me know, would be much appreciated! Also don't know how old, it is, but it has the gas start. Came with a couple three bags of lump charcoal!

I'm feeling so fortunate, that I stopped on the way home and bought a lottery ticket, for tonight's lottery!

Congratulations you got a very nice deal. Judging by the age of the grill there was no "Gold, Platinum, Silver" designation for the Performers back then. Th

Keith,
That was one hell of a deal. You have one of the best charcoal grills ever made, in my opinion. It's a jack of all trades grill, and with the gas assist it is easy to use.
Great score!

Keith,
That was one hell of a deal. You have one of the best charcoal grills ever made, in my opinion. It's a jack of all trades grill, and with the gas assist it is easy to use.
Great score!

Thanks Greg! I'm so pleased, with my good luck, that I've opened one of my better bottles of wine! :) I also went on-line and saw that, the new ones sell for over 300.00

I have the same exact Performer and let me tell you, it's the best grill you're ever going to use.
I use mine for mostly indirect cooking, and I've even baked a cake or two.
PM me if you have any questions or want any suggestions.

Please show me a pick of this grill in the back of a vette.

You got great deal and I want to see the pic.

Performer in Vette

Please show me a pick of this grill in the back of a vette.

You got great deal and I want to see the pic.

grillinVette_zps7b30d810.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I have the same exact Performer and let me tell you, it's the best grill you're ever going to use.
I use mine for mostly indirect cooking, and I've even baked a cake or two.
PM me if you have any questions or want any suggestions.

Wow! Thanks, Mark. I will spend the next couple of days, cleaning it, before getting it dirty again! :)

Awesome find!

If this is the first time you have ever owned a charcoal grill, you certainly picked a great way to start. The performer gives you the best of both worlds (gas-charcoal) and you will become addicted to using it.

Some easy reading/research on here will have you using that thing like a pro in no time. You wont find too many people with bad things to say about the performer and there are a lot of great tips on here.

Good luck

I bet you sure got some looks driving home with that! I have the exact same performer and you're going to love it. Just about as easy to use as a gasser.

I also have the exact same grill. I paid full price for mine. lol Best grill ever made is an understatement.

I bet you sure got some looks driving home with that! I have the exact same performer and you're going to love it. Just about as easy to use as a gasser.

Yep! :) I was driving home, mostly in the slow lane, and a number of times, people would pull up beside me, point at the car and then at the grill, and give me a big thumbs up, and a big smile! It was mostly guys in pick up trucks, as I think they could see the grill better from higher up!

I also stopped for gas, and the lady at the gas pump next to mine, said like your car, and what's that in the back? I told her about how much I like to smoke things, and cook things in various ways, and my plans for cooking things on the performer. She said you're my kind of guy, and gave me a little piece of paper, with her number!

Yep, yesterday was and awesome day, in my life! :)

So let me get this straight. . . You got an awesome deal on a Performer, thumbs up from guys in pickups, and some lady gave you her number. . . I'll bet there are a bunch of guys that'd be driving with that grill in the back all the time. LOL

Well it has been said Weber,food,&charcoal bring good people together. Enjoy the learning aspect of the art of cooking with charcoal,and all the different wood flavors you can add to your cook.
I have had my performer a couple of years and I still have so much to learn. Every cook is a little different as our tastes change and expand with each cook.

So let me get this straight. . . You got an awesome deal on a Performer, thumbs up from guys in pickups, and some lady gave you her number. . . I'll bet there are a bunch of guys that'd be driving with that grill in the back all the time. LOL

AND to boot, the lottery ticket I bought, on the way home from picking up the grill, won me 21.00 :)

Back