Weber Performer Deal or No?

R. Hutchins

TVWBB Fan
I found a 1996 Performer with Touch 'n Go ignition on CL. After getting lost 2 or 3 times trying to find the seller, I bought the grill even though it has some problems. The ash sweeping blades are completely gone as is the rod that turns the apparatus. The bracket that holds the ash sweeper assembly is rusted out completely. I'm pretty certain I can fix it, but I thought I'd ask here what the best way to approach it is. I'm thinking about just drilling out the screw that holds the sweeper blades and going with all new components there. If anyone has been through this, I'd appreciate any pointers you can give me.

As for parts, I don't know where to go for them. Does anyone have a link to Weber's parts sales? I got the owner's manual with the grill and it has a parts schematic with names but no part numbers. I have the serial number but no model number. The lid vent has EE stamped in it and the manual says 1996. How do I find the model number?

TIA
rh

Oh, I forgot. I got it for $50. Looks like I might have to spend about the same for parts plus some time to play with it.

Last edited:
Junk the whole one touch system and get new. Amazon HD online and other sellers carry them. You may have to drill out or cut off old.

Thanks, Charlie!

I wondered about that, too. If I strip it out will I be able to use the little green Coleman tanks?

I found a 1996 Performer with Touch 'n Go ignition on CL. After getting lost 2 or 3 times trying to find the seller, I bought the grill even though it has some problems. The ash sweeping blades are completely gone as is the rod that turns the apparatus. The bracket that holds the ash sweeper assembly is rusted out completely. I'm pretty certain I can fix it, but I thought I'd ask here what the best way to approach it is. I'm thinking about just drilling out the screw that holds the sweeper blades and going with all new components there. If anyone has been through this, I'd appreciate any pointers you can give me.

As for parts, I don't know where to go for them. Does anyone have a link to Weber's parts sales? I got the owner's manual with the grill and it has a parts schematic with names but no part numbers. I have the serial number but no model number. The lid vent has EE stamped in it and the manual says 1996. How do I find the model number?
Most ACE HARDWARE stores carry a large selection of Weber replacement parts, including the One-Touch Sweeper System.
And I do not believe there is a model number, only the two letter stamped serial number.
The WEBER CUSTOMER SERVICE phone number is: 1.800.446.1071
And, the green Coleman tanks DO fit.

Last edited:
Thanks, Jim!

Believe it or not, I live in a town without a hardware store, Ace or any other. We do have Lowe's and Home Depot.

Back