Weber must be listening and reading

It would be nice if we can source the grommet from Weber as well. Maybe next week if I have time I'll give them a call and see what they have to say.

Gets drill ready. ;)

Also, if I'm seeing that pic correctly, it looks as though they've switched to hex head instead of slotted head for the grill strap bolts.

Last edited:
Gets drill ready. ;)

Also, if I'm seeing that pic correctly, it looks as though they've switched to hex head instead of slotted head for the grill strap bolts.

Sorry Chris, I bought stainless hardware. Should have mentioned that when I posted the picture of the grommet installed.

I just posted a thread about an unidentified hole in a new center section I received today. I did not see the grommet so I thought it was an error. I called a rep and she said it is only showing up for the 2014 22.5 models. I later found the rubber grommet under the cardboard.

I'll clarify by saying that the customer rep told me that the schematics she was using showed the grommet hole on the 2014 22.5 models but not the 18.5. I'm sure she is wrong.

I'm confused. Why are there two openings? One looks like a small spaceship and the other a slit?

I just posted a thread about an unidentified hole in a new center section I received today. I did not see the grommet so I thought it was an error. I called a rep and she said it is only showing up for the 2014 22.5 models. I later found the rubber grommet under the cardboard.

How many of these calls do you think it will take before someone at Weber screams, "Just install those *&$%! grommets before we ship, already."

I'm confused. Why are there two openings? One looks like a small spaceship and the other a slit?
I guess it allows for the insertion of multiple probes, one through the circular hole and one or more through the slit. I'm sure it will all be clear when we read the owner's manual.

(You do read the owner's manual, don't you? ;) )

I guess it allows for the insertion of multiple probes, one through the circular hole and one or more through the slit. I'm sure it will all be clear when we read the owner's manual.

Put mine to use this past weekend and ran the food and temp probe through the slit. Plenty O room. Could have ran another complete set if I had a need to. I didn't attempt to use the hole.
No leakage what so ever from the grommet or the slit/hole.

I've been waiting on pulling the trigger on a 22.5". I' ll have to wait to get the 2014 model for sure. Thanks for the updates!

Please forgive me if this question has already been ask/answered.......Does anyone of the details of how to instal this particular Weber grommet in an older 18" WSM such as what size hole to drill? I like this grommet better than others I've seen but not sure on the install.

Thanks,
Dan

I just realized my replacement center section has the hole/grommet. It has been sitting in the box for 2 weeks. The grommet was in the bag with the replacement hardware.

Back