Weber Kamado E6 fully assembled. Might have to return it?

LOL - I was thinking you'd upgrade your kitchen ventilation and keep it inside! I'm SO thinking about buying one of these bad boys, especially with cold weather coming around the corner here in STL. That double wall air gap design is where it's at.
Doing the burn-in today... For 30 minutes like the manual stated. Planning to do ribs tomorrow. No smoke leak except for the one in the back where the seal meets and even then it's very minor.

Going from 0 to 500 degrees in this thing is like a Ferrari, and my vision kamado was like a 1963 Volkswagen beetle (no offense to my fellow vision owners :))

Ignore the back deck. It is in need of a power wash.

If you use it incorrectly, we’re gonna have to take it back. You better get cooking and prove you’re worthiness. Time is running. Get a crackin.

If you use it incorrectly, we’re gonna have to take it back. You better get cooking and prove you’re worthiness. Time is running. Get a crackin.

I had every intention of doing ribs today. So I stopped by the supermarket this AM to pick up 3 racks of baby back ribs and they were sold out.

It was Smithfield brand that is sold at Walmart for 3.24 per lb. I've had them before and smoked them before and they were good.

Long story short, we ended up making smash burgers on the gasser and my cast iron Pizza stone. And grilled corn on the cob.

Sort of a letdown overall, but the burgers and corn were really good.

I had every intention of doing ribs today. So I stopped by the supermarket this AM to pick up 3 racks of baby back ribs and they were sold out.

It was Smithfield brand that is sold at Walmart for 3.24 per lb. I've had them before and smoked them before and they were good.

Long story short, we ended up making smash burgers on the gasser and my cast iron Pizza stone. And grilled corn on the cob.

Sort of a letdown overall, but the burgers and corn were really good.
We have full faith in you. Free pass for a few days. Go easy and do a spatchcock chicken.

Just note this bad boy runs hot and well. You can do a bird and sides on 2 char baskets alone and still have leftover fuel.

Fire setting on bottom and full open on top’ll get you to 450° with 2 full charbaskets cooking indirect.

We await your success. And pics too.

Reminds me of something old Henry Ford would have thought of. I have heard that he gave a contract to some supplier with the express understanding that whatever it was would be delivered in wood crates to Henry's exact specifications. The supplier agreed, and the crates became the underneath of seats, I guess on the Model T!:cool:
And continued through the model A floor boards.

Hopefully this comes back in stock soon. It’s worth buying, IMO. I love searing on mine.

Cast Iron Sear Grate Replacement for Weber 8834 Gourmet BBQ System 22.5" Weber Charcoal Grills,12-Inch Diameter Pre-seasoned
More information: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZPNGLM5/?tag=tvwb-20

I meant to reply earlier to this.

Do you find that grate insert to be cumbersome to clean? Since it is diamond pattern versus straight rail grates.

I would like to try that insert. That particular one is still out of stock.

I meant to reply earlier to this.

Do you find that grate insert to be cumbersome to clean? Since it is diamond pattern versus straight rail grates.

I would like to try that insert. That particular one is still out of stock.
Not at all. I have the Weber wire brush. The grate is so damn hot that after cooking I do a 10 minute burn. And then the crap just falls off as it’s carbonized. Zero issues. And it sears like a mfrrr. I’ve IR gunned it at 1100°F coal temp.

Back