Weber Kamado E6 fully assembled. Might have to return it?

You’re gonna love it, and you’re right it is well engineered. One thing is silly visually but genius production wise and that’s putting the kettle leg mounts on it just to use the same ash system as all the kettles.

You’re gonna love it, and you’re right it is well engineered. One thing is silly visually but genius production wise and that’s putting the kettle leg mounts on it just to use the same ash system as all the kettles.
Reminds me of something old Henry Ford would have thought of. I have heard that he gave a contract to some supplier with the express understanding that whatever it was would be delivered in wood crates to Henry's exact specifications. The supplier agreed, and the crates became the underneath of seats, I guess on the Model T!:cool:

Only issue thus far is I noticed that my lid is misaligned a bit. If I slid my fingers between the lid and the lower bowl, the gap on the left side while I'm looking at the kamado was much greater than the gap on the right side.

So I went ahead and put those safety bolts back in. Then I loosened the four bolts that mount the hinge to the lid, shifted the lid and then tightened the four bolts.

It's a lot better... I saw someone else posted about that on the forum. Their lid was still misaligned after all of the adjustments but there was no smoke leaking.

So that'll be the true test tomorrow when I do my first burn to see if there's any leaks coming out from around the lid.

Even my vision kamado lid was slightly misaligned. But there were no leaks. So as long as I'm not leaking smoke around the lid, I'll be happy.

We have French doors in our family room where I built it. When they're open, the width is 5 ft wide.

Although that would have been pretty funny if I built it in the house and I couldn't get it outside :)

Doing the burn-in today... For 30 minutes like the manual stated. Planning to do ribs tomorrow. No smoke leak except for the one in the back where the seal meets and even then it's very minor.

Going from 0 to 500 degrees in this thing is like a Ferrari, and my vision kamado was like a 1963 Volkswagen beetle (no offense to my fellow vision owners :))

Ignore the back deck. It is in need of a power wash.

Attachments

• 20211002_165338.jpg
    20211002_165338.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 19

Back