Weber Jumbo Joe 22" Premium Charcoal Grill

The legs bolt on from the bowl and just about any grill I've ever owned there's always mods I make to have it just the way I want it..

I wonder if the sweeper kit will be available for it in the near future? It seems there's a "premium" version of this unit and that this is not it. I get mine on 01/30/14 and plan to cook on it for New Years :)

I wonder if the sweeper kit will be available for it in the near future? It seems there's a "premium" version of this unit and that this is not it. I get mine on 01/30/14 and plan to cook on it for New Years :)

I see you worked out the bugs in your time machine. Please post pics!:wsm:

Noticed today that my local Wally World had set up a display of these new grills accompanied by various brands of charcoal.

ChuckO that's not how calendars work. ;)
Doh!!! I mean I get it 12/30/14 and hope to Use it New Years eve. As someone said in another thread, the low ceiling on it might make for a great pizza cook which I want to do New Years. (weather permitting)

I think in Bob's video link it showed one with the sweepers? Not having them didn't stop me from ordering one, two days until delivery. Prolly gonna do pizzas New Year's Eve using my Kettle Pizza attachment to break this puppy in

Order delayed :( Was suppose to arrive today, now I'll be lucky to get it by this weekend...

I realize this is an older thread, but I just saw this for the first time a couple days ago. The thing that struck me is that it just feels a bit cheap, and it appears to be made in Mexico. It is far less sturdy than a one-touch Silver. Honestly I don't at all see what is gained by buying this over the Silver. Sure, it is $32 less, but it doesn't seem to me to be money well saved.

I realize this is an older thread, but I just saw this for the first time a couple days ago. The thing that struck me is that it just feels a bit cheap, and it appears to be made in Mexico. It is far less sturdy than a one-touch Silver. Honestly I don't at all see what is gained by buying this over the Silver. Sure, it is $32 less, but it doesn't seem to me to be money well saved.

I haven't had a chance to see one in person, but Chris S what makes this feel cheap? Is the thickness of the metal of the kettle? The handles, legs overall construction? Can a beer can chicken be done on this?

I'd love to know if I could turn this into a semi portable BIG Jumbo Joe. I love my JJ, but if I'm going to cook for a bigger crowd at the beach, camping or not at home I would think the extra grill space would help.

I. Actually think its built great. It doesn't have the depth like the silver but its still great offset cooking and awesome for searing your food especially since the grate is closer...I'm overall happy with my purchase and glad I added it to my others...I like a variety for whatever I'm in the mood to cook...each grill serves its own purpose for me on whatever I'm cooking

I agree with Duane. It's built like the others, it fantastic for searing because it's so close to the grate, it is less deep and I call it my Halfa Weber, you can see my smokes in the photo thread, I've yet to do a brisket slab but will next week.

I like it, I really don't know where they were going with the target audience. My dad bought me mine and his idea was that I could do burgers quick or steaks instead of firing up my PBC but of course I had to push its limitations. I do like the little oddball, I've been working it almost daily and its stretching its wings!

You can see it here how obviously shallow it is without standing it next to my other kettle.

My Halfa Weber!!!

My Halfa Weber!!!
Nice photos Lory. It's a fun lil BBQ. Here's a photo of mine next to my kettles for size comparison

4AA344C7-4EE3-481A-8634-D9E0315BF9B7_zpsx6z8qb84.jpg

See how close it is to the grate? If I had put burgers over the wood, they'd be seared to perfection and quick!! This Halfa is a good smoker, I've been smoking a lot on it. But like Duane said, each grill does different things, it's fun to have this one. I'd consider taking it to South Padre this year.

Thank you Chuck! Yeah see you can see the difference when you line them up, big difference too!

I like your DIY smoker!! Very cool!! I have my other kettle and smokers in my garage, I'm working on my patio and grill area. I like the vintage kettle too, I just noticed it!!

I take the grate out of my mini and I use it as the charcoal grate in my JJP. It helps space out the charcoal from the grate if you're looking to do that. I too like it for it's searing ability

Back