Weber Inc. to Announce Fiscal Third Quarter 2021 Results on September 15, 2021

Brett-EDH

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Weber Inc. ("Weber") (NYSE: WEBR), the global leader in outdoor cooking innovation, technology, and products, today announced that it plans to release its fiscal third quarter 2021 financial results on Wednesday, September 15, 2021. Weber management will host a conference call at 7:30 a.m. CT that morning to discuss its financial results.

Better be good, it represents prime grilling season.
maybe. i'd reasonably assume that grill orders are "booked" come October/November so manufacturing can pre-book factory production, produce product and ship come January/February/March to preload the season's coming sales. manufacturing reports "sold" when the channel books its sales; either taking stock from existing stored inventory or new production. and Weber has a global market so there might not be a true "season" when factoring global sales/distribution.

since it's their first report as a public company, it will be our first insight into how their business is run. i'm excited to learn that much. the stock is down pre-call. hopefully the call will be positive and the stock will jump some.

maybe. i'd reasonably assume that grill orders are "booked" come October/November so manufacturing can pre-book factory production, produce product and ship come January/February/March to preload the season's coming sales. manufacturing reports "sold" when the channel books its sales; either taking stock from existing stored inventory or new production. and Weber has a global market so there might not be a true "season" when factoring global sales/distribution.

since it's their first report as a public company, it will be our first insight into how their business is run. i'm excited to learn that much. the stock is down pre-call. hopefully the call will be positive and the stock will jump some.
I hear you. I’m thinking about the fact that the US makes up over 70% of all retail sales, and Im guessing Weber’s sales figures are in line with this.

WEBR said this in the IPO prospectus:

The Company has typically experienced its highest level of sales of its products in the second and third fiscal quarters as retailers across North America and Europe changeover their floor sets, build inventory and fulfill consumer demand for outdoor cooking products. Sales are typically lower during the first and fourth fiscal quarters, with the exception of the Australia/New Zealand business which is counter seasonal to the balance of the business.

WEBR is a 9/30 fiscal year company, which makes sense. So you can have the two peak quarters (Jan 1 thru June 30) in the middle of the fiscal year.

They are announcing the Q3/nine months, which ended June 30.

Q4 (9/30 end to be announced mid-November) would be expected to be lower.

MW Webers stock set to bounce back above IPO price after sales rise to another record, but miss expectations
7:19 AM ET 9/15/21 | MarketWatch

Shares of Weber Inc. (WEBR) rose 1.3% in premarket trading Wednesday, to put them on track to bounce back above the $14 mark, which is where the outdoor grill maker's initial public offering priced, after the company reported fiscal third-quarter sales that rose to another record, but came up a bit short of expectations. Net income for the quarter to June 30 fell to $17.7 million, or $32.84 a share, from $78.7 million, or $142.69 a share, in the year-ago period. Sales grew 19.3% to $668.9 million, a fifth straight quarterly record, but was below the FactSet consensus of $669.2 million. For 2021, the company expects sales of $1.96 billion to $1.97 billion, compared with the FactSet consensus of $1.96 billion. "During the third quarter, we continued to experience record levels of demand for Weber(R) grills and accessories across every product fuel type in our portfolio and every region globally," said Chief Executive Chris Scherzinger. "We see ongoing resilience in the outdoor cooking category and continued market share growth for Weber." The stock, which went public on Aug. 5, had tumbled 17.6% amid a six-day losing streak to close Tuesday at $13.92, the first close below the IPO price. Over the same time, the Renaissance IPO ETF (IPO) has slipped 1.6% and the S&P 500 has lost 2.0%.

-Tomi Kilgore

Some contrast to COOK earnings report (Traeger):

Traeger stock is getting grilled after posting its first earnings report as a public company
3:11 PM ET 9/10/21 | Briefing.com

Traeger's (COOK -5%) stock is getting grilled today despite posting an otherwise solid report for its first earnings report since making its IPO in late July this year. COOK appeared to be poised for success after the creator and category leader of the wood pellet grill priced its shares at the higher end of its $16-18 expected range and subsequently opened trading at $22 a share. COOK also received Buy and Outperform ratings from analysts at Jefferies, Morgan Stanley, and others toward the end of August, with price targets mostly above $30 a share.
Furthermore, COOK posted adjusted EPS of $0.15 in Q2 (Jul), which topped consensus; grew revs 39.1% yr/yr to $212 mln; and issued upside revenue guidance for FY21.

So why is the stock so cold today?

We think there are multiple reasons why investors are not warming up to COOK. For one, although COOK beat on earnings, its adjusted EPS of $0.15 pales compared to its earnings of $0.26 per share last year. Furthermore, the company was growing revenues at a CAGR of 28% from 2017 through 2020, yet it stated in its Q2 earnings call that it can drive annual revenue growth of approximately 20% over the long term. Also, with COOK's FY21 revenue guidance at $760-770 mln, its annual growth rate is about 40% at the midpoint. So by forecasting about 20% growth over the long term, the company is signaling that the revenue growth posted in FY21 is not sustainable. Lastly, we think that COOK's declining gross margin is also weighing on investors' minds today. Gross margin in Q4 came in at 39.1%, a 440-bps decline from last year. COOK attributes the decline mostly to increased inbound transportation costs and inflationary pressures on commodities. Although COOK views these headwinds as transitory, the company will still be implementing price increases on its already relatively expensive grills.

Overall, COOK didn't cook up the earnings report that investors were hoping to see. COOK's quarter is also slightly disappointing given that Home Depot (HD) stated in its latest earnings report from mid-August that it was seeing consumers trade up within the grill category. With COOK grills starting at around $600, it was possible that trading up meant buying a Traeger grill.

Link to Weber's distilled results:

Is there anywhere in the financials that actually breaks things down by product lines, if so please submit. I am looking for data regarding the pellet line.

Is there anywhere in the financials that actually breaks things down by product lines, if so please submit. I am looking for data regarding the pellet line.
have not ound that yet. i'm betting that's internal data and won't appear. the CEO did state "growth in all fuel sources categories," which is nebulous at best. i'm thinking the Annual Report will give some insight, but again, by category is likely not public data.

have not ound that yet. i'm betting that's internal data and won't appear. the CEO did state "growth in all fuel sources categories," which is nebulous at best. i'm thinking the Annual Report will give some insight, but again, by category is likely not public data.
I appreciate your quick reply, however I pretty much knew the answer regardless of my post. I was trolling the attached thread to see if any insight could be added. I ‘m not so sure anyone outside the Weber walls will actually have access to such sensitive info.

Both Webr and Cook better have good quarters when they next report both stocks hit a new low today. Never been a fan of consumer stocks just such a crap shoot especially when forecasting demand.

Both Webr and Cook better have good quarters when they next report both stocks hit a new low today. Never been a fan of consumer stocks just such a crap shoot especially when forecasting demand.
Weber recently announced its first shareholder dividend and the launch of a new venture arm as well.

Brett saw that and my mistake Traeger already reported not pretty although they did have a loss a bit less than expected. I was going thru the Traeger report need to dig deep shipping costs are killing everyone doubt its much better for Weber but their product line is much more diversified which I think helps them we will see though. The thing I took from the Traeger report is that they sold less units but at higher prices so maybe and who knows the Pellet Grill Mkt is starting to slow down after a pretty big run or maybe the lower end guys like Z grills or Pit Boss due to much lower prices are starting to eat into the higher end stuff. Sales of the Smokefire is a mystery cause I doubt they are going to break that out in their earning report. Why tell the competition what you sold in that market.

I would not touch either one of them they both have somewhere around .63 a share in estimated earnings next year so take a multiple of 20x earnings which is generous you get a stock price of about 13 and change give or take. Webr is expected to grow revenue's in 2022 and of course lets see the earnings report to see if that changes going forward 5% with Cook at the current time about 25% for next year.

published 20211208

Weber Inc. Reports Fiscal 2021 Full-Year and Fourth Quarter Results
7:24 AM ET 12/8/21 | BusinessWire
Related Quotes
2:46 PM ET 12/8/21
SymbolLast% Chg
WEBR13.00-3.78%
Quotes delayed at least 15 minutes
Second Consecutive Record Year as Full-Year Net Sales Increased 30% to $1.98 Billion

Celebrates Grand Opening of New European Manufacturing & Distribution Center
PALATINE, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--December 08, 2021--

Weber Inc. (NYSE: WEBR) today announced its financial results for the fiscal fourth quarter and full-year 2021, ending September 30(th) .

Weber reports its financial performance in accordance with accounting principles generally accepted in the United States of America ("GAAP") and as adjusted on a non-GAAP basis. Please see "Non-GAAP Financial Measures," and "Reconciliation of GAAP to Non-GAAP Financial Information" below for additional information and reconciliations of the non-GAAP financial measures to the most comparable GAAP financial measures.

Weber closed fiscal year 2021 with Net Sales of $1.98 billion, Gross Profit of $825 million, Net Income of $6 million, and $307 million of adjusted EBITDA, representing the second straight year of record-breaking performance.

"Our strong financial results continue to demonstrate the strength of the Weber brand and our products across all key segments of the outdoor cooking category and in the top grilling markets worldwide," said Chris Scherzinger, CEO of Weber. "With the official opening of our European manufacturing and distribution center earlier this fall, we now have the industry's most comprehensive global manufacturing footprint and world-class supply chain organization. This organization has been instrumental in our ability to successfully navigate recent logistics challenges to deliver on unprecedented consumer demand, with 30% sales growth. In the fourth quarter, which lapped a very strong prior year, we also delivered stronger than expected performance based on historical seasonality trends."

"I am tremendously proud of our global teams, who continue to work tirelessly in the current challenging operating environment to meet retail customer needs, bring innovation and new experiences to consumers, and execute against our strategic growth priorities," added Mr. Scherzinger. "We remain committed to driving profitable growth in 2022, and to delivering strong and reliable financial results for our shareholders."

FOR THE FISCAL YEAR ENDED SEPTEMBER 30, 2021
-- Fiscal year 2021 net sales increased 30%, to $1.98 billion, from $1.53
billion in the prior year.

-- Net sales increased 25% in the Americas, to $1,102 million, from $881
million in the prior year; EMEA increased 34%, to $726 million, from $542
million in the prior year; and APAC increased 49%, to $154 million from
$103 million in the prior year.

-- Revenue growth enabled by continued strategic investments in new product
innovation, expanded digital marketing reach, accelerated geographic
expansion, and amplified direct-to-consumer (DTC) initiatives, driving
46% DTC growth versus last year.

-- Gross profit increased 35% to $825 million, or 41.6% of net sales,
compared to $610 million or 40.0% of net sales in the prior year.

-- Net income decreased 94%, to $6 million, or 0.3% of net sales, compared
to $89 million, or 5.8% of net sales in the prior year, primarily
reflecting the non-cash, stock-based-compensation charge associated with
the August 2021 IPO. Adjusted net income increased 28%, to $161 million,
or 8.1% of net sales, compared to $126 million, or 8.3% of net sales in
the prior year.

-- Adjusted EBITDA increased 35%, to $307 million, or 15.5% of net sales,
compared to $227 million, or 14.9% of net sales in the prior year.

-- Net cash provided by operating activities was $54 million for the fiscal
year ended September 30, 2021, as compared to $305 million in the prior
year, with the variance driven primarily by the return to more normalized
inventory levels and accounts payable timing from the prior year.

-- As of September 30, 2021, the Company had cash and cash equivalents of
$108 million and $294 million of available borrowings under its revolving
credit facility. Total debt at the end of the quarter was $1.02 billion,
and average net debt to adjusted EBITDA ratio was 2.9x.

FOR THE THREE MONTHS ENDED SEPTEMBER 30, 2021
-- Net sales decreased 5% to $350 million, from $368 million in the prior
year quarter; on a two-year stack basis, net sales increased 77%.

-- Net sales decreased 9% in the Americas, to $211 million, from $231
million in the prior year quarter; EMEA increased 1%, to $108 million,
from $107 million in the prior year quarter; and APAC increased 3%, to
$31 million, from $30 million in the prior year quarter.

-- Net loss of $86 million, or (24.6%) of net sales, compared to a net loss
of $14 million, or (3.9%) of net sales, in the prior year quarter.
Adjusted net loss was $35 million, or (10.1%) of net sales, compared to
adjusted net income of $5 million, or 1.2% of net sales, in the prior
year quarter.

-- Adjusted EBITDA loss of $14 million, or (4.0%) of net sales, compared to
$28 million, or 7.6% of net sales, in the prior year quarter.

Not sure if I linked this article correctly. Found it interesting that the Weber CEO is stressing the point that Weber grills are made "locally" and they are not impacted by foreign supply chain problems. I have seen discussions here on newer Weber grills using parts sourced from China. Just wondering how much of the new grills are really made in the USA.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/webe...grill-brand-with-us-production-221731111.html
“Explains Scherzinger, "Our strategy is make where you sell, and that's really unique in the grilling space. Frankly, it's unique in much of the consumer durables space. So we are not relying on China or Vietnam to supply all of our goods.”

…not relying on China or Vietnam to supply ALL of our goods. Translated means some, not all and it sounds like Weber reduced negative impacts from those two zones specifically.

Weber at one time made ALL their grills in the USA so the know how, capability and ability exists. It’s likely Weber retooled suppliers to avoid the crunch. Hopefully they employed US based workers to achieve this. And maybe that’s good for overall quality. Maybe.

Back